RYA Powerboat Instructor
Duration: 3 Days
Course Aim: RYA Powerboat Instructor
Minimum Standard: See pre-entry requirements outlined below
On booking this course, candidates will be sent a separate email, which will contain full details of the pre-course work in it. This work must be completed prior to attending the course.
Plas Menai is one of the best equipped facility in the UK at which to attend an instructor course; the building and equipment are second to none, whilst the Menai Strait offers a wide variety of challenges and locations to stage exercises.
This three day course covers all aspects of teaching the RYA National Powerboat syllabus up to Level 2 and will include some evening work sessions.
For candidates that already hold the Safety Boat qualification, successful completion of this course also enables you to also teach the RYA Safety Boat certificate.
- In order to become a powerboat instructor, candidates need to fulfil some pre-entry requirements as follows;
- Powerboat Instructor Skills Assessment,
- Hold the RYA National Powerboat Certificate (Level 2)
- Hold recognised First Aid certificate (including hypothermia and resuscitation). Click here for a list of all acceptable First Aid certificates
- Candidates must be at least 16yrs
- Completion of pre-course work
All the above requirements are needed BEFORE attending the course. If you attend the course without the required certification, you will not have your Instructor award processed.
*On booking this course, candidates will be sent a separate email, which will contain full details of the pre-course work in it. This work must be completed prior to attending the course.
It is not a requirement for Powerboat Instructors to be personal members of the RYA, however, non-members incur an administration fee (£40.00) for the issue of their instructor certificate. Join the RYA.
Kit and Clothing
Plas Menai supplies a range of technical equipment including waterproofs and buoyancy aids. However you are very welcome to bring your own if you wish.