Commercial Powerboat Skipper
Duration: 2 weeks
This intensive course caters for anyone wishing to become a commercial charter skipper. For anybody wishing to gain employment operating RIBs to offshore windfarms, this course also provides the required qualifications.
During this course you will be taken through all the pre-requisites required for the commercial endorsement with some specialist powerboat training and hot tips from one of North Wales’ best known charter skippers.
Once achieved, the RYA Advanced Powerboat award with Commercially Endorsement allows you to skipper a vessel up to 24-meters in length used for commercial purposes. The distance you can operate from your port will be dependant on your experience and the boat’s MCA code.
The course fee includes all food and accommodation, personal protective clothing, training and assessments.
- In order to undertake this course you must have the relevant experience. Qualifying Experience
- You must provide evidence of your experience (either your boat’s log book or record of experience is acceptable)
- You should have the MCA medical certificate ML5 signed by our doctor prior to attending the course and you must bring it with you. ML5 Medical Form
- Minimum age: 18yrs
- RYA Sea Survival
- RYA VHF
- RYA First Aid
- RYA Radar
- RYA Advanced Powerboat training (includes night passages)
- RYA Day Skipper Theory
- RYA Advanced Powerboat Exam (Commercial Endorsement)