Fel y rhan fwyaf o wefannau rydyn ni’n defnyddio cwcis. Er mwyn darparu gwasanaeth personol, ymatebol ac i wella’r safle, rydyn ni’n cofio ac yn storio gwybodaeth am sut rydych chi’n ei ddefnyddio. Mae hyn yn cael ei wneud gan ddefnyddio ffeiliau testun syml o’r enw cwcis sydd ar eich cyfrifiadur. Mae’r cwcis yma’n gwbl ddiogel ac ni fyddant yn cynnwys gwybodaeth sensitif fyth. Dim ond gennym ni maen nhw’n cael eu defnyddio.
The course is designed for personnel who are tasked with operating in the warm zone at a water rescue incident, and personnel who will operate near water as part of their key job function, eg water hydrometry staff etc. As such, it is not intended that they will enter the water, and a manual or auto-inflation lifejacket is worn as PPE for accidental water entry only.
This course includes content from the Rescue 3 Water Awareness and Safety course. You do not need to take the LJCU1 course before you can take the LJCU2 course.
Course Content Includes
- Planning for rescue
- Training standards & legislation
- Hydrology & water hazards
- Personal equipment
- Risk assessments
- Safe systems of work
- Medical and decontamination considerations
- Consideration for night/poor visibility operations
- Accidental immersion considerations
- Floodwater dynamics and hazards
- Lifejacket types and standards
- Lifejacket firing mechanisms
- Selection and correct fitting of lifejackets
- Adaption of lifejackets for high risk areas and tasks
- Periodic maintenance and inspection regime of lifejackets
- Pre and post use lifejacket checks
- Protection of lifejacket from sharps
- Lifejacket inflation and deflation – auto/manual
- Swimming and self-rescue in a lifejacket
- Exiting the water
- Conditional rescues – talk, reach, throw
Qualification Valid for 3 years
Ratios: Minimum 1:4 Maximum 1:12
As this is only a 1 day course, full board accommodation is not included as part of this training course. If you would like to book accommodation please contact us for further information and to check availability.
If you are considering this training course and want to talk to somebody, please contact us on E: email@example.com or F: 0300 300 3112
Duration: 1 Day
Minimum Standard: Must be a confident swimmer
Minimum age: 18 yrs