Fel y rhan fwyaf o wefannau rydyn ni’n defnyddio cwcis. Er mwyn darparu gwasanaeth personol, ymatebol ac i wella’r safle, rydyn ni’n cofio ac yn storio gwybodaeth am sut rydych chi’n ei ddefnyddio. Mae hyn yn cael ei wneud gan ddefnyddio ffeiliau testun syml o’r enw cwcis sydd ar eich cyfrifiadur. Mae’r cwcis yma’n gwbl ddiogel ac ni fyddant yn cynnwys gwybodaeth sensitif fyth. Dim ond gennym ni maen nhw’n cael eu defnyddio.
This course aims to introduce basic Swiftwater rescue principles and techniques, in order to allow personnel to support Swiftwater Rescue Technicians (SRTs) at incidents. To enable this, a First Responder should have the ability to self-rescue and perform conditional rescues, as well as basic shallow water techniques. First responders may perform basic shallow water work in areas where the risk and consequence of a malfunction is negligible.
Equivalent to a Defra Module 2 - Water First Responder– To work safely near and in water using land-based and wading techniques.
Course Content Includes
- Rescuer safety
- Water and flood dynamics and hazards
- Personal and team equipment
- On-scene safety briefing and site control
- Pre-planning and incident management
- Medical and personal welfare considerations
- Considerations for night operations
- Mud, ice, and unstable surface considerations
- Basic Swiftwater swimming and self-rescue
- Bank based rescue options
- Shallow water techniques
- Two and four point boat and rope system
- Inflated fire hose
- Continuous loop shallow water rope system
Qualification Valid for 3 years
Ratios: Minimum 1:4 Maximum 1:12
Included: All our courses are offered on a residential basis and includes all required kit, providing boots, helmets, buoyancy aids, throw bags, and full Aquatek dry suits during delivery, at no additional cost.
If you are considering this training course and want to talk to somebody, please contact us on E: email@example.com or F: 0300 300 3112
Duration: 2 Days
Minimum Standard: Must be a confident swimmer
Minimum age: 18 yrs