Fel y rhan fwyaf o wefannau rydyn ni’n defnyddio cwcis. Er mwyn darparu gwasanaeth personol, ymatebol ac i wella’r safle, rydyn ni’n cofio ac yn storio gwybodaeth am sut rydych chi’n ei ddefnyddio. Mae hyn yn cael ei wneud gan ddefnyddio ffeiliau testun syml o’r enw cwcis sydd ar eich cyfrifiadur. Mae’r cwcis yma’n gwbl ddiogel ac ni fyddant yn cynnwys gwybodaeth sensitif fyth. Dim ond gennym ni maen nhw’n cael eu defnyddio.
Are you looking to develop your basic sea kayak handling skills and journey along the Menai strait guided by one of our experienced instructors, all within social distance guidelines.
Learn new skills, experience local tides and build your confidence.
Bring along snacks and drinks to put in a dry bag.
This course is focused on improving your kayaking skills by getting you out on the water as quickly as possible, so it is essential you are at the minimum standard (see panel right) to ensure everybody really gets the most out of the day.
The Next Steps: This session is to build and develop your skills. It is recommended that you should complete some calm weather, short coastal passages in company to consolidate what you have learnt. As you build up your confidence, you may want to consider stepping up to the next level by developing your skills further on either Progress your Sea Kayaking week or weekend.
We do not currently stock this publication. However it is available to purchase directly from Pesda Press and other outlets
Plas Menai will provide all necessary personal protective clothing including wetsuits, waterproofs, buoyancy aids and helmets.
Please bring with you;
- Swimming togs & towel
- Footwear for on the water
- 50p for locker
THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN YOU BOOK WITH PLAS MENAI NATIONAL OUTDOOR CENTRE
Plas Menai fully supports the government guidelines on the current Covid-19 situation. Following Government advice, we have everything in place to operate safely and follow these guidelines.
- Pre book your adventure online. Booking in advance is essential. We cannot accommodate walk in bookings.
- A booking confirmation will be sent out to your email address including all information you will need before arriving at the centre.
- Waivers are online only; a link will be included in your email confirmation for you to complete on your own computer or phone. If we do not receive a completed waiver from you and additional participants, we cannot take you on your activity.
- Arrive 10 mins before your adventure start time to collect your kit, kitting up and instructor briefing.
- If you have your own wetsuits it is preferable to bring them, if not, our instructors will allocate your wetsuit, buoyancy aid and helmet that will have all been cleaned within manufacturer guidelines.
During this time, we have had to adapt areas of our service to ensure staff and customers are kept safe. Find out how we are reopening safely here.
Duration: 1 Day
Minimum Standard: Prior Sea Kayaking experience required
Need to be comfortable and able to demonstrate the following skills:
Able to paddle in a straight line
Turning using sweep strokes
Experience of capsizing and recovery
Min Age: 18yrsCheck Dates, Prices & Book