Fel y rhan fwyaf o wefannau rydyn ni’n defnyddio cwcis. Er mwyn darparu gwasanaeth personol, ymatebol ac i wella’r safle, rydyn ni’n cofio ac yn storio gwybodaeth am sut rydych chi’n ei ddefnyddio. Mae hyn yn cael ei wneud gan ddefnyddio ffeiliau testun syml o’r enw cwcis sydd ar eich cyfrifiadur. Mae’r cwcis yma’n gwbl ddiogel ac ni fyddant yn cynnwys gwybodaeth sensitif fyth. Dim ond gennym ni maen nhw’n cael eu defnyddio.
RYA Keelboat Level 2 – Basic Skills will set out the foundations of sailing and give you the skills to be able to sail without the help of an instructor in light winds.
The course is over two days, and it is the follow on from our RYA Keelboat Level 1 – Start Sailing course.
This course will give you an understanding of the basic skills needed to sail a boat on your own. The syllabus covers rigging a boat, launching from a trailer, sailing in all directions, capsize recovery and essential safety knowledge.
On completion of the course you will be able to sail a boat and make decisions in light wind conditions.
RYA Basic Skills (Level 2): This practical course consolidates what you will already have learnt on a Start Sailing - Keelboat course and sets out the foundations for developing your sailing.
- Rigging according to weather;
- Sailing manoeuvres e.g.: sail setting, balance, trim etc.;
- Rope work, further knots;
- Use of an inboard or outboard engine.
Our friendly instructors will be with you every step of the way, offering clear instruction, guidance and encouragement to ensure you really get the most out of your sailing weekend.
Plas Menai will provide all necessary personal protective clothing including wetsuits, waterproofs, buoyancy aids and helmets.
Please bring with you;
- Swimming togs & towel
- Footwear for on the water
- Sock that cover your ankles
- 50p for locker
THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN YOU BOOK WITH PLAS MENAI NATIONAL OUTDOOR CENTRE
Plas Menai fully supports the government guidelines on the current Covid-19 situation. Following Government advice, we have everything in place to operate safely and follow these guidelines.
- Pre book your adventure online. Booking in advance is essential. We cannot accommodate walk in bookings.
- A booking confirmation will be sent out to your email address including all information you will need before arriving at the centre.
- Waivers are online only; a link will be included in your email confirmation for you to complete on your own computer or phone. If we do not receive a completed waiver from you and additional participants, we cannot take you on your activity.
- Arrive 10 mins before your adventure start time and wait in your vehicle where your instructor will meet you.
- If you have your own wetsuits it is preferable to bring them, if not, our instructors will allocate your wetsuit, buoyancy aid and helmet that will have all been cleaned within manufacturer guidelines.
During this time, we have had to adapt areas of our service to ensure staff and customers are kept safe. Find out how we are reopening safely here.
The Next Steps: To progress your sailing further we recommend you joining your local sailing club to help consolidate what you have learnt. Once you have gained more experience and confidence then think about trying our Better Sailing - Keelboat weekend.
To find out where your nearest sailing club is please visit the RYA.
RYA Dinghy Sailing Beginners Handbook (G3)
RYA National Sailing Scheme Logbook (G4)
Duration: 2 Days
Certificate: RYA Basic Skills (L2)
Minimum Standard: Knowledge to Level 1 Start Sailing standard
Minimum Age: 16 yrs.Check Dates, Prices & Book