Fel y rhan fwyaf o wefannau rydyn ni’n defnyddio cwcis. Er mwyn darparu gwasanaeth personol, ymatebol ac i wella’r safle, rydyn ni’n cofio ac yn storio gwybodaeth am sut rydych chi’n ei ddefnyddio. Mae hyn yn cael ei wneud gan ddefnyddio ffeiliau testun syml o’r enw cwcis sydd ar eich cyfrifiadur. Mae’r cwcis yma’n gwbl ddiogel ac ni fyddant yn cynnwys gwybodaeth sensitif fyth. Dim ond gennym ni maen nhw’n cael eu defnyddio.
The Advanced Powerboat Instructor Course is designed to ensure the potential APBI has the experience, knowledge and competence to teach the Advanced, Intermediate courses and Tender Operator Courses. At the same time the endorsement ensures that you know exactly what to teach against all the subject areas of these courses.
The endorsement is delivered through a mixture of workshops and practical sessions which will be largely led by the instructor candidates themselves with input from the trainer. During the course, the trainer will be looking for the following to be demonstrated by the candidates:
- A well developed awareness of safety in all aspects of powerboating
- A thorough knowledge of the activity
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to design stimulating and challenging exercises for potential candidates
- Being ‘in-charge’ of any given situation whilst allowing students to develop their own leadership skills in a supportive environment
- Ability to assess students strengths and weaknesses
- Ability to deliver effective feedback in an encouraging, sympathetic and supportive manner
- First aid certificate
- RYA Powerboat Instructor
- Advanced Powerboat Course Completion certificate
- One of the following Certificate of Competence:
- Advanced Powerboat - RYA Yachtmaster Coastal (power)
- RYA Yachtmaster Offshore (power)
- Commercial Endorsement (Advanced Instructors who do not hold a valid CE will only be able to teach Intermediate powerboat)
Candidates should bring a passport photograph and copies of all the pre-requisite certificates with them.
Required to have up to date and current knowledge of G19 Powerboat schemes Inst Handbook
On successful completion of your course you will be asked to sign a health declaration stating that you are not suffering from any physical or mental impairment which has an adverse effect on your ability to properly discharge your duty of care as an instructor. If you are unable to sign the standard declaration, you will be required to complete this medical questionnaire.
Health Declaration form or medical questionnaire (for those without a commercial endorsement)
Duration: 2-day course and one evening, which will include a night exercise
Time: Day One 09.15 – 3 hours after sunset, Day Two 09.15 - 17.00
Minimum Standard: See eligibility criteria
Minimum Age: 17 yrs.
Anyone under the age of 18 years must have a Parental Consent form completed and signed by a parent/guardian - this must be handed in to reception on arrival during registration, without this form participants will not be permitted to take part.Check Dates, Prices & Book