Fel y rhan fwyaf o wefannau rydyn ni’n defnyddio cwcis. Er mwyn darparu gwasanaeth personol, ymatebol ac i wella’r safle, rydyn ni’n cofio ac yn storio gwybodaeth am sut rydych chi’n ei ddefnyddio. Mae hyn yn cael ei wneud gan ddefnyddio ffeiliau testun syml o’r enw cwcis sydd ar eich cyfrifiadur. Mae’r cwcis yma’n gwbl ddiogel ac ni fyddant yn cynnwys gwybodaeth sensitif fyth. Dim ond gennym ni maen nhw’n cael eu defnyddio.
This 2 day Coach award is an ideal award for anyone wanting a formal and regulated qualification coaching SUP in a sheltered water environment, introducing fundamental skills up to 200 metres from the bank and up to force 3 winds.
This award is designed to develop your understanding of how to plan and paddle a Stand Up Paddleboard (SUP) in sheltered water, using the appropriate abilities and decision making skills to travel safely on your pre-determined route.
Your SUP Sheltered Water Award will give you the ability to organise and carry out an enjoyable and safe trip on the water up to 200 metres from shore, up to force 3 in winds. You will be confident in considering how far you can safely travel from the shore, whilst identifying safe exit points, expanding your knowledge of rescue techniques and looking at the external and environmental factors which may affect our journey. You will create proficient skills to anticipate and adapt to problems we may encounter to enable us to have a safe and enjoyable day out stand up paddleboarding.
At the end of the course detailed action planning will take place to help you progress to assessment.
All Kit and Equipment is provided such as Wetsuits, Buoyancy Aids, Boats, Safety Equipment etc. Course fee is inclusive of all British Canoeing Certification fees.
Pre-Requisites: Prior to attending the course you must have Full Home Nation Membership and have attended a British Canoeing Core Coach Training Course.
Please note registration requirements here:
Access to British Canoeing Elearning:
Plas Menai will provide all necessary personal protective clothing including wetsuits, waterproofs, buoyancy aids and helmets.
Please bring with you;
- Swimming togs & towel
- Footwear for on the water
- Sock that cover your ankles
- 50p for locker
THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN YOU BOOK WITH PLAS MENAI NATIONAL OUTDOOR CENTRE
Plas Menai fully supports the government guidelines on the current Covid-19 situation. Following Government advice, we have everything in place to operate safely and follow these guidelines.
- Pre book your adventure online. Booking in advance is essential. We cannot accommodate walk in bookings.
- A booking confirmation will be sent out to your email address including all information you will need before arriving at the centre.
- Waivers are online only; a link will be included in your email confirmation for you to complete on your own computer or phone. If we do not receive a completed waiver from you and additional participants, we cannot take you on your activity.
- Arrive 10 mins before your adventure start time and wait in your vehicle where your instructor will meet you.
- If you have your own wetsuits it is preferable to bring them, if not, our instructors will allocate your wetsuit, buoyancy aid and helmet that will have all been cleaned within manufacturer guidelines.
During this time, we have had to adapt areas of our service to ensure staff and customers are kept safe. Find out how we are reopening safely here.
Duration: 2 Days
Minimum Standard: See Pre-requisites
Minimum Age: 16 yrs.