Fel y rhan fwyaf o wefannau rydyn ni’n defnyddio cwcis. Er mwyn darparu gwasanaeth personol, ymatebol ac i wella’r safle, rydyn ni’n cofio ac yn storio gwybodaeth am sut rydych chi’n ei ddefnyddio. Mae hyn yn cael ei wneud gan ddefnyddio ffeiliau testun syml o’r enw cwcis sydd ar eich cyfrifiadur. Mae’r cwcis yma’n gwbl ddiogel ac ni fyddant yn cynnwys gwybodaeth sensitif fyth. Dim ond gennym ni maen nhw’n cael eu defnyddio.
The Assistant Instructor is trained to assist qualified instructors to teach beginners up to the standard of the National Sailing Scheme Level 2 and the Youth Sailing Scheme Stage 3.
The course is 3 days long and is an excellent introduction to instructing and a great first step to becoming RYA Dinghy Instructor.
The award is specific Plas Menai and covers the centre's safe operating procedures and the role of an Assistant Instructor. Mostly practical and afloat, sessions will cover the methods used to teach beginners to sail in a fun, safe learning environment.
Successful candidates will be awarded the Assistant Instructor certificate.
- Minimum age 14
- Hold one of the National Sailing Scheme Advanced certificates
- Have discussed with and received recommendation from one of the centre's senior instructors.
Plas Menai will provide all necessary personal protective clothing including wetsuits, waterproofs, buoyancy aids and helmets.
Please bring with you;
- Swimming togs & towel
- Footwear for on the water
- Sock that cover your ankles
- 50p for locker
THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN YOU BOOK WITH PLAS MENAI NATIONAL OUTDOOR CENTRE
Plas Menai fully supports the government guidelines on the current Covid-19 situation. Following Government advice, we have everything in place to operate safely and follow these guidelines.
- Pre book your adventure online. Booking in advance is essential. We cannot accommodate walk in bookings.
- A booking confirmation will be sent out to your email address including all information you will need before arriving at the centre.
- Waivers are online only; a link will be included in your email confirmation for you to complete on your own computer or phone. If we do not receive a completed waiver from you and additional participants, we cannot take you on your activity.
- Arrive 10 mins before your adventure start time and wait in your vehicle where your instructor will meet you.
- If you have your own wetsuits it is preferable to bring them, if not, our instructors will allocate your wetsuit, buoyancy aid and helmet that will have all been cleaned within manufacturer guidelines.
During this time, we have had to adapt areas of our service to ensure staff and customers are kept safe. Find out how we are reopening safely here.
Why not take a look at other YOUTH courses that are available and test your self with something new or to develop your skills even more.
Duration: 3 Days
Minimum Age: 14 yrs.Check Dates, Prices & Book