Fel y rhan fwyaf o wefannau rydyn ni’n defnyddio cwcis. Er mwyn darparu gwasanaeth personol, ymatebol ac i wella’r safle, rydyn ni’n cofio ac yn storio gwybodaeth am sut rydych chi’n ei ddefnyddio. Mae hyn yn cael ei wneud gan ddefnyddio ffeiliau testun syml o’r enw cwcis sydd ar eich cyfrifiadur. Mae’r cwcis yma’n gwbl ddiogel ac ni fyddant yn cynnwys gwybodaeth sensitif fyth. Dim ond gennym ni maen nhw’n cael eu defnyddio.
The Powerboat Level 1 Course is a practical introduction to boat handling and safety in powerboats. The issued certificate will be endorsed to show the type of boat in which the training took place.
Youth Powerboat Level 1 is for ages 8-11 yrs, from the age of 12 you can take the Youth Level 2 Powerboat Handling course.
RYA Youth Powerboat Level 1:
- Launching and Recovery (8 to 11 year olds to observe this session only)
- Preparation of boat and crew.
- Boat handling
- Propeller angle/immersion, use of shallow drive.
- Low speed handling, ahead and astern
- Steering, controls and windage
- Steer and control speed
- Start/stop engine
- Demonstrate the use of a killcoard at all times.
- Picking up a mooring.
- Leaving and coming alongside
There are also theory elements to the course.
Our friendly instructors will be with you every step of the way, offering clear instruction, guidance and encouragement.
Plas Menai will provide all necessary personal protective clothing including wetsuits, waterproofs, buoyancy aids and helmets.
PLEASE BRING WITH YOU:
- Swimming togs & towel
- Footwear for on the water
- Sock that cover your ankles
- 50p for locker
Please bring a waterproof jacket, warm clothes and a hat if it's cold; if it's warm you will need sun screen, sunglasses, a hat and cool clothing.
THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN YOU BOOK WITH PLAS MENAI NATIONAL OUTDOOR CENTRE
Plas Menai fully supports the government guidelines on the current Covid-19 situation. Following Government advice, we have everything in place to operate safely and follow these guidelines.
- Pre book your adventure online. Booking in advance is essential. We cannot accommodate walk in bookings.
- A booking confirmation will be sent out to your email address including all information you will need before arriving at the centre.
- Waivers are online only; a link will be included in your email confirmation for you to complete on your own computer or phone. If we do not receive a completed waiver from you and additional participants, we cannot take you on your activity.
- Arrive 10 mins before your adventure start time and wait in your vehicle where your instructor will meet you.
- If you have your own wetsuits it is preferable to bring them, if not, our instructors will allocate your wetsuit, buoyancy aid and helmet that will have all been cleaned within manufacturer guidelines.
During this time, we have had to adapt areas of our service to ensure staff and customers are kept safe. Find out how we are reopening safely here.
Why not check out our other youth courses and make 2021 all about experiencing new adventures
Duration: 1 Day
Time: 09.15 - 16.30
Certificate: YOUTH RYA Powerboat Level 1
Minimum Standard: None
Age: 8-11yrsCheck Dates, Prices & Book