Fel y rhan fwyaf o wefannau rydyn ni’n defnyddio cwcis. Er mwyn darparu gwasanaeth personol, ymatebol ac i wella’r safle, rydyn ni’n cofio ac yn storio gwybodaeth am sut rydych chi’n ei ddefnyddio. Mae hyn yn cael ei wneud gan ddefnyddio ffeiliau testun syml o’r enw cwcis sydd ar eich cyfrifiadur. Mae’r cwcis yma’n gwbl ddiogel ac ni fyddant yn cynnwys gwybodaeth sensitif fyth. Dim ond gennym ni maen nhw’n cael eu defnyddio.
Our Youth Development Days are ideal for those who have completed the Youth Learn to Sail Stage 1 or with previous experience.
These days are for anyone wanting to advance their knowledge, experience and skills, and basically have a great time with likeminded people, doing what you enjoy.
Each week the session will cover different aspect of Sailing depending on the conditions:
- Race training for those with little to no experience of racing, also a perfect top-up for those who haven’t raced in a while!
- Opportunity to get a taster of a range of high-performance dinghies
- Basic introduction to foiling and providing you with basic foiling knowledge
With a great range of boats to include Laser single handers, RS 2000 and RS 500’s with the addition of the RS Aero with foiling kit.
In the event of very light or too much wind there is still a lot of skills to cover and there is a lot to learn about boat set up, rig tension, use of a Loos gauge and rig controls.
We are also in an ideal location to learn about tides, charts and navigation as part of the day sailing module.
Our world class instructors will be with you every step of the way to guide, instruct and support.
The Plas Menai team consist of a very experienced team of 3 coach assessors and no less than 9 advanced dinghy instructors all with great experience of sailing on the Menai Strait.
Plas Menai will provide all necessary personal protective clothing including wetsuits, waterproofs, buoyancy aids and helmets.
Feel free to bring along your own kit if you prefer
Please bring with you;
- Swimming togs & towel
- Footwear for on the water
- Sock that cover your ankles
- 50p for locker
THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN YOU BOOK WITH PLAS MENAI NATIONAL OUTDOOR CENTRE
Plas Menai fully supports the government guidelines on the current Covid-19 situation. Following Government advice, we have everything in place to operate safely and follow these guidelines.
- Pre book your adventure online. Booking in advance is essential. We cannot accommodate walk in bookings.
- A booking confirmation will be sent out to your email address including all information you will need before arriving at the centre.
- Waivers are online only; a link will be included in your email confirmation for you to complete on your own computer or phone. If we do not receive a completed waiver from you and additional participants, we cannot take you on your activity.
- Arrive 10 mins before your adventure start time and wait in your vehicle where your instructor will meet you.
- If you have your own wetsuits it is preferable to bring them, if not, our instructors will allocate your wetsuit, buoyancy aid and helmet that will have all been cleaned within manufacturer guidelines.
During this time, we have had to adapt areas of our service to ensure staff and customers are kept safe. Find out how we are reopening safely here.
Why not take a look at other YOUTH courses that are available and test your self with something new or to develop your skills even more.
Duration: 1 Day
Minimum Age: 8 yrs.Check Dates, Prices & Book