We are reopening!
Plas Menai fully supports the government guidelines on the current Covid-19 situation. Following Government advice, we are now taking bookings for limited activities from the 10th July. We have everything in place to operate safely and follow these guidelines.
Although the centre is re-opening, currently the offering is based on the current Welsh Government guidelines; one household may only meet up with one other household.
Currently we are only able to deliver activities to a group from the same household.
Bookings currently made with Plas Menai from the 1st August will remain scheduled, we will however be monitoring the evolving nature of this epidemic and following Governmental measures and ensuring our customers are kept up to date.
we are awaiting the next comprehensive review from Welsh Government on July 10th, to be informed if this restriction will be lifted and we that can re-commence our scheduled organised activity.
If you have a query about bookings made from the 1st August 2020 please email firstname.lastname@example.org
During this time, we have had to adapt areas of our service to ensure staff and customers are kept safe.
Below is a list of our procedures which have been put in place in line with Welsh Government Guidelines;
- Due to current situation, and to safeguard our customers, our usual changing facilities and café are closed, we will provide shielded outdoor changing facilities and toilet and hand washing facilities are available.
- A minimum 2m distance will be kept between the instructor and participant at all times, where possible.
- We will have a one-way entry and exit point around the centre, with signage and floor markings to help assist in distancing.
- We are limiting numbers on site at any one time and we will have staff present to supervise the customers, start and finish times of sessions will be staggered to avoid large gatherings in any one area.
- We will not handle any of your valuables, we do have lockers onsite where you can keep valuables.
- Additional hand washing facilities and hand sanitiser will be available around the centre for customers and staff to wash their hands before and after activities and throughout the day.
- All equipment will be disinfected between sessions, lockers, wetsuits, buoyancy aids, helmets, boards, kayaks and all hard surfaces.
- In the event of anyone in your group requiring first aid we will make our first aid kits available and give as much guidance as we can for you to help each other. As a last resort, our first aiders will apply personal protection equipment for themselves and the casualty if required to intervene.
- Should we need too, we will change the rules at any time. Please be sensible, think of others and stay alert. Please only come along in your household group, do not arrange to meet others. Always stay alert and respect the 2m distance during your visit.
- Any sessions maybe cancelled at short notice if conditions are not deemed suitable by the Duty Manager on the day as part of the risk assessment to reduce risk of rescues, in this event you may re-schedule your adventure or request a refund.
Anyone who has themselves experienced symptoms associated with COVID-19, or is in a household with someone who has, must not visit the site. In this situation Plas Menai will do our best to reschedule activities for a later date or alternatively process a refund.
Anyone wishing to visit the site who has experienced any symptoms of Covid-19, or who has been in contact with anyone with symptoms, must follow Government advice about when they can end their self-isolation period and not visit the site until it is safe to do so.
To see our current adventures please click here
Things to consider when you book with Plas Menai National Outdoor Centre
- Pre book your adventure online. Booking in advance is essential. We cannot accommodate walk in bookings.
- A booking confirmation will be sent out to your email address including all information you will need before arriving at the centre, including parking information, where a member of the instructional team will greet you and be with you the duration of your adventure.
- Waivers are online only; a link will be emailed to you to complete on your own computer or phone. If we do not receive a completed waiver from you, we cannot take you on your activity.
- Arrive 30 mins before your adventure start time to collect your kit, kitting up and instructor briefing.
- If you have your own wetsuits it is preferable to bring them, if not, our instructors will allocate your wetsuit, buoyancy aid and helmet that will have all been cleaned within manufacturer guidelines.
- Regroup with your instructor and let the fun begin.
PLEASE BRING WITH YOU:
- Swimming togs & towel
- Footwear for on the water
- Sock that cover your ankles
- 50p for locker