A classroom-based course, designed to provide personnel who may be working near water with sufficient knowledge to be aware of the hazards created by this environment, and develop an understanding of water rescue techniques.
Equivalent to a Defra Module 1 – Water Awareness.
Course Content Includes
- Water rescue standards
- Rescuer instruction philosophy and ‘absolutes’
- Rescuer safety
- Water and flood dynamics and hazards
- Basic Swiftwater swimming and self-rescue
- Flood theory
- Personal and team equipment
- On-scene safety briefing and site control
- Pre-planning and incident management
- Drowning, medical, and personal welfare considerations
- Mud, ice, and unstable surface considerations
Qualification Valid for 3 years
Ratios: Minimum 1:2 Maximum 1:4
As this is only a 1 day course, full board accommodation is not included as part of this training course. If you would like to book accommodation please contact us for further information and to check availability.
If you are considering this training course and want to talk to somebody, please contact us on E: email@example.com or F: 0300 300 3112
Duration: 1 Day
Minimum age: 18 yrs