Join us on a full day private session Sailing
If you have missed getting out sailing as much as us, come and join us for a full day private session.
We have a great range of boats for you to choose from including single handers such as RS Quba, Zests, Fusions (including Gennakers) Lasers and for the young sailors Toppers, Oppies and Tera. Our double hander fleet includes RS Ventures, 2000’s, RS 500’s, Cats and for the younger sailors Feva’s.
These session are aimed at competent sailors who are familiar with how to right a dinghy/cat from capsized.
The instructor will be working from a safety boat to ensure social distancing so you need to be at the level to be able to rig the boat, with advise from a distance and sail comfortably in the conditions.
These sessions are designed for you; learn new skills and experience sailing in our tidal water………or just go and have a lovely old time!
£200 full day session - 1 person per session
In the event of 2 people wishing to sail a crewed dinghy together, Welsh law currently requires them to be from the same household, please book your session and details on how to add a second person to your session will be included in your confirmation email.
Where possible the instructor will coach you through how to self help to minimise contact and in the event of intervention being required we will tow behind the safety boat wherever possible.
Sessions may be cancelled at short notice in the event of the conditions not being suitable.
PLEASE BRING WITH YOU:
- Swimming togs & towel
- Footwear for on the water
- Sock that cover your ankles
- 50p for locker
THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN YOU BOOK WITH PLAS MENAI NATIONAL OUTDOOR CENTRE
Plas Menai fully supports the government guidelines on the current Covid-19 situation. Following Government advice, we have everything in place to operate safely and follow these guidelines.
- Pre book your private session. Booking in advance is essential. We cannot accommodate walk in bookings.
- A booking confirmation will be sent out to your email address including all information you will need before arriving at the centre, including parking information, where a member of the instructional team will greet you and be with you the duration of your adventure.
- Waivers are online only; a link will be included in your email confirmation for you to complete on your own computer or phone. If we do not receive a completed waiver from you, we cannot take you on your activity.
- Arrive 30 mins before your adventure start time to collect your kit, kitting up and instructor briefing.
- If you have your own wetsuits it is preferable to bring them, if not, our instructors will allocate your wetsuit, buoyancy aid and helmet that will have all been cleaned within manufacturer guidelines.
- Regroup with your instructor and let the fun begin.
During this time, we have had to adapt areas of our service to ensure staff and customers are kept safe. Find out how we are reopening safely here.
Duration: Full day
Time: 9.30am - 4.30pm
Minimum Standard: Competent sailors who are familiar with how to right a dinghy/cat from capsized
Minimum Age: 16 yrs
Sessions running from Wednesday 15th July every Wednesday to SundayCheck dates, prices & book