The RYA Powerboat Level 1 - Start Powerboating is a great way to spend a day afloat as a parent and child (or up to 2 children) with no prior experience, providing an introduction to powerboating, techniques for launching and recovery, everyday boat handling and the use of safety equipment.
It is a great taster course into Powerboating, it's also a perfect course for those children that go boating with their families to ensure they can take an active part of your outings afloat.
This course is in effect a scaled down version of Level 2 focussing purely on the practical handling elements of Level 2. During the course almost all of the time is spent on the water practising manoeuvres but there is also time to look at the safety aspects of boating.
£240 per session up to 3 participants (must include 1 under 18yr old per booking)
We require minimum one participating adult (18+) in each session
Booking will be based on 1 person, once you have placed your booking you will receive an email confirmation with a link to the online waiver where all additional participants must complete their information and sign before arrival - without this information and signature we will not be able to to take you on your adventure - this will be non refundable.
Plas Menai will provide all necessary personal protective clothing including wetsuits, waterproofs, buoyancy aids and helmets.
PLEASE BRING WITH YOU:
- Swimming togs & towel
- Footwear for on the water
- Sock that cover your ankles
- 50p for locker
THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN YOU BOOK WITH PLAS MENAI NATIONAL OUTDOOR CENTRE
Plas Menai fully supports the government guidelines on the current Covid-19 situation. Following Government advice, we have everything in place to operate safely and follow these guidelines.
- Pre book your paddle adventure online. Booking in advance is essential. We cannot accommodate walk in bookings.
- A booking confirmation will be sent out to your email address including all information you will need before arriving at the centre.
- Waivers are online only; a link will be included in your email confirmation for you to complete on your own computer or phone. If we do not receive a completed waiver from you and additional participants, we cannot take you on your activity.
- Arrive 10 mins before your adventure start time to collect your kit, kitting up and instructor briefing.
- If you have your own wetsuits it is preferable to bring them, if not, our instructors will allocate your wetsuit, buoyancy aid and helmet that will have all been cleaned within manufacturer guidelines.
During this time, we have had to adapt areas of our service to ensure staff and customers are kept safe. Find out how we are reopening safely here.
Why not check out our other adventure sessions and make 2021 all about experiencing new adventures
Activity: RYA Powerboat Level 1
Time: 09.15 - 16.30
Duration: 1 Day
Minimum Standard: None
Minimum Age: 8 yrs