Our Youth sessions offer children bags of fun, where they can make new friends and have the freedom to express themselves in a safe, supportive environment with first class care.
This is a half day kids kayaking experience, designed for children between the ages of 8 - 16 years old, it's a good way to exercise and experience that sense of adventure.
Learn the basics of paddling and control as well as general safety and loads of fun!
Once the basics are mastered, we'll head off on an adventure, to explore and participate in games and challenges to put your new kayaking skills to the test.
You need no previous experience, just a sense of adventure!
NOTE: Children do not need to be accompanied or supervised by an adult on our Youth Taster sessions.
Plas Menai will provide all necessary personal protective clothing including wetsuits, waterproofs, buoyancy aids and helmets.
Please bring with you;
- Swimming togs & towel
- Footwear for on the water
- 50p for locker
- Warm clothes
THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN YOU BOOK WITH PLAS MENAI NATIONAL OUTDOOR CENTRE
Plas Menai fully supports the government guidelines on the current Covid-19 situation. Following Government advice, we have everything in place to operate safely and follow these guidelines.
- Pre book your adventure online. Booking in advance is essential. We cannot accommodate walk in bookings.
- A booking confirmation will be sent out to your email address including all information you will need before arriving at the centre.
- Waivers are online only; a link will be included in your email confirmation for you to complete on your own computer or phone. If we do not receive a completed waiver from you and additional participants, we cannot take you on your activity.
- Arrive 30 mins before your adventure start time to collect your kit, kitting up and instructor briefing.
- If you have your own wetsuits it is preferable to bring them, if not, our instructors will allocate your wetsuit, buoyancy aid and helmet that will have all been cleaned within manufacturer guidelines.
During this time, we have had to adapt areas of our service to ensure staff and customers are kept safe. Find out how we are reopening safely here.
Why not check out our other Youth Adventures, from a selection of other half day sessions, and book the morning and afternoon to fill a full day, with supervision by an instructor over lunch, or how about a a week long multi activity Adventure!
Activity: Youth Kayaking
Minimum Standard: None
Minimum Age: 8-16Check dates, prices & book