This 4 week progressive program is aimed at competent sailors (with ability to the standard of RYA Level 2 or above) wishing to begin or improve their journey into the world of dinghy racing.
The sessions will be broken down into the building block fundamentals of sailing and racing, allowing us to then build solid understanding and ability, giving you all you need to know to join in and compete in your local club races or more!
Some of the aims you can expect sessions to focus on are:
• Improving your boat control
• Tacking/gybing technique
• Upwind/downwind techniques + tactics
• Start lines
• Mark rounding
• General race tactics + rules
• Racing in Tide
Throughout the program we will be using our Fuision Sailboats, a breed of the “plastic fantastic” family whose modern design makes them safe and stable whilst giving good performance, allowing us to focus more on the racing tactics and techniques than keeping our masts pointing at the sky!
Those wishing to join us on our race training program will need to be able to competently sail around a triangular course unaided, be able to come alongside a moored boat and have the enthusiasm to learn and race amongst an adult fleet.
Look forward to seeing you on the start line!
Plas Menai will provide all necessary personal protective clothing including wetsuits, waterproofs, buoyancy aids and helmets.
Please bring with you;
- Swimming togs & towel
- Footwear for on the water
- 50p for locker
- Packed lunch
THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN YOU BOOK WITH PLAS MENAI NATIONAL OUTDOOR CENTRE
Plas Menai fully supports the government guidelines on the current Covid-19 situation. Following Government advice, we have everything in place to operate safely and follow these guidelines.
- Pre book your adventure online. Booking in advance is essential. We cannot accommodate walk in bookings.
- A booking confirmation will be sent out to your email address including all information you will need before arriving at the centre.
- Waivers are online only; a link will be included in your email confirmation for you to complete on your own computer or phone. If we do not receive a completed waiver from you and additional participants, we cannot take you on your activity.
- Arrive 10 mins before your adventure start time to collect your kit, kitting up and instructor briefing.
- If you have your own wetsuits it is preferable to bring them, if not, our instructors will allocate your wetsuit, buoyancy aid and helmet that will have all been cleaned within manufacturer guidelines.
During this time, we have had to adapt areas of our service to ensure staff and customers are kept safe. Find out how we are reopening safely here.
Duration: 4 x Sundays (4th, 11th, 18th and 25th of October)
Minimum Standard: Must be able to sail around a triangle course
Sessions missed are non-refundable and non-transferable.Check Dates, Prices & Book