- Exclusive “bubble” group session for up to 5 people
- Must be over 16 and must also include at least 1 adult
- Please note at least 3 people plus the Skipper are required to sail our yacht
- No experience required
- Ferried out by powerboat to our yacht mooring just off Plas Menai
- Access down below decks will be limited to use of the toilet only
Key learning points: The yacht, getting underway, rules of the road, man overboard recovery, clothing, equipment, emergency equipment and precautions and metreology
The Yacht: 38ft Hanse 385. Commercially coded by RYA/MCA as category 2 compliant the yacht can carry 6 people including the Skipper. Facilities onboard include; heating, hot water, cooker, fridge, toilet, Radar, GPS and AIS.
£500 per group of up to 5 people.
We require minimum one participating adult (18+) in each session
Booking will be based on 1 person, once you have place your booking you will receive an email confirmation with a link to the online waiver where all additional participants must complete their information and sign before arrival - without this information and signature, we will not be able to to take you on your adventure - this will be non refundable.
Plas Menai will provide all necessary personal protective clothing including wetsuits, waterproofs, buoyancy aids and helmets.
Please bring with you;
- Warm clothes,
- Sailing wellies (not black soled)
- Packed lunch, water bottle and flask
- 50p for locker
Please bring a waterproof jacket, warm clothes and a hat if it's cold; if it's warm you will need sun screen, sunglasses, a hat and cool clothing.
THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN YOU BOOK WITH PLAS MENAI NATIONAL OUTDOOR CENTRE
Plas Menai fully supports the government guidelines on the current Covid-19 situation. Following Government advice, we have everything in place to operate safely and follow these guidelines.
- Pre book your adventure online. Booking in advance is essential. We cannot accommodate walk in bookings.
- A booking confirmation will be sent out to your email address including all information you will need before arriving at the centre.
- Waivers are online only; a link will be included in your email confirmation for you to complete on your own computer or phone. If we do not receive a completed waiver from you and additional participants, we cannot take you on your activity.
- Arrive 10 mins before your adventure start time and wait in your vehicle where your instructor will meet you.
- If you have your own wetsuits it is preferable to bring them, if not, our instructors will allocate your wetsuit, buoyancy aid and helmet that will have all been cleaned within manufacturer guidelines.
During this time, we have had to adapt areas of our service to ensure staff and customers are kept safe. Find out how we are reopening safely here.
Why not check out our other Family adventures, and make this summer all about experiencing new exhilarating adventures.
Duration: 1 day
Minimum standard: None
Minimum Age: 16yrs. must also include at least 1 adult
Please note at least 3 people plus the Skipper are required to sail our yachtCheck dates, prices & book