This 2-day training course is designed for coaches wanting to operate in Sheltered water. This training course can be accessed by people wanting to coach in either both Canoes and Kayaks or if you want to work in a single discipline.
You will build on practical coaching in your chosen craft in Sheltered water building on the coaching theory introduced in the British Canoeing Coach Award Core Training Course.
This course is designed to be a Hands-On practical based course backed up with theory that will be approached in a way that should be understandable without too much time spent in the classroom.
At the end of the course detailed action planning will take place to help you progress to assessment.
All Kit and Equipment is provided such as Wetsuits, Buoyancy Aids, Boats, Safety Equipment etc. Course fee is inclusive of all British Canoeing Certification fees.
Pre-Requisites: Prior to attending the course you must have Full Home Nation Membership and have attended a British Canoeing Core Coach Training Course.
Please note registration requirements here:
Access to British Canoeing Elearning:
Plas Menai will provide all necessary personal protective clothing including wetsuits, waterproofs, buoyancy aids and helmets.
Please bring with you;
- Swimming togs & towel
- Footwear for on the water
- Sock that cover your ankles
- 50p for locker
THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN YOU BOOK WITH PLAS MENAI NATIONAL OUTDOOR CENTRE
Plas Menai fully supports the government guidelines on the current Covid-19 situation. Following Government advice, we have everything in place to operate safely and follow these guidelines.
- Pre book your adventure online. Booking in advance is essential. We cannot accommodate walk in bookings.
- A booking confirmation will be sent out to your email address including all information you will need before arriving at the centre.
- Waivers are online only; a link will be included in your email confirmation for you to complete on your own computer or phone. If we do not receive a completed waiver from you and additional participants, we cannot take you on your activity.
- Arrive 10 mins before your adventure start time and wait in your vehicle where your instructor will meet you.
- If you have your own wetsuits it is preferable to bring them, if not, our instructors will allocate your wetsuit, buoyancy aid and helmet that will have all been cleaned within manufacturer guidelines.
During this time, we have had to adapt areas of our service to ensure staff and customers are kept safe. Find out how we are reopening safely here.
Duration: 2 Days
Minimum Standard: See Pre-requisites
Minimum Age: 16 yrs.