Our Dinghy Instructor Training Preparation Day is for upcoming Dinghy instructors prior to their Pre-entry assessments and Dinghy instructor course.
It is the opportunity to familiarise with the area and environment the course will take place, and aims to fill any gaps in background knowledge and/or theory, and offers an opportunity to practice skills in different boats.
This course ultimately is to ensure participants feel comfortable, confident and prepared to make the most out of Instructor Training.
Tailored to suit your needs.
Plas Menai will provide all necessary personal protective clothing including wetsuits, waterproofs, buoyancy aids and helmets.
Please bring with you;
- Swimming togs & towel
- Footwear for on the water
- Sock that cover your ankles
- 50p for locker
THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN YOU BOOK WITH PLAS MENAI NATIONAL OUTDOOR CENTRE
Plas Menai fully supports the government guidelines on the current Covid-19 situation. Following Government advice, we have everything in place to operate safely and follow these guidelines.
- Pre book your adventure online. Booking in advance is essential. We cannot accommodate walk in bookings.
- A booking confirmation will be sent out to your email address including all information you will need before arriving at the centre.
- Waivers are online only; a link will be included in your email confirmation for you to complete on your own computer or phone. If we do not receive a completed waiver from you and additional participants, we cannot take you on your activity.
- Arrive 10 mins before your adventure start time and wait in your vehicle where your instructor will meet you.
- If you have your own wetsuits it is preferable to bring them, if not, our instructors will allocate your wetsuit, buoyancy aid and helmet that will have all been cleaned within manufacturer guidelines.
During this time, we have had to adapt areas of our service to ensure staff and customers are kept safe. Find out how we are reopening safely here.
The Next Steps:
Pre-requisites for Dinghy Instructor
- Over the age of 16
- RYA Member
- Powerboat Level 2
- Valid First Aid
- Safe and Fun Safeguarding Online Course
- RYA Dinghy Instructor Pre-entry assessment
- RYA Dinghy Instructor
Duration: 1 Day
Minimum Age: 16 yrs.Check Dates, Prices & Book