The Foundation Safety and Rescue Training is a boat-based single day course for all paddlers, coaches and volunteers irrespective of craft or discipline of choice. This course provides training on the key skills needed to operate safely and deal with common emergencies in a sheltered water environment.
British Canoeing has put together comprehensive training course notes and syllabus which outlines the full course.
- Must be able to swim in standard paddling clothing suitable for the prevailing conditions
- Hold current 2 star award or be of equivalent ability
- A first aid certificate is not a pre-requisite but it is strongly recommended for all paddlers.
Attendance certificates are issued to successful candidates by British Canoeing following a recommendation from the course provider and are subject to a certification fee. Current fees can be found here.
THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN YOU BOOK WITH PLAS MENAI NATIONAL OUTDOOR CENTRE
Plas Menai fully supports the government guidelines on the current Covid-19 situation. Following Government advice, we have everything in place to operate safely and follow these guidelines.
- Pre book your adventure online. Booking in advance is essential. We cannot accommodate walk in bookings.
- A booking confirmation will be sent out to your email address including all information you will need before arriving at the centre.
- Waivers are online only; a link will be included in your email confirmation for you to complete on your own computer or phone. If we do not receive a completed waiver from you and additional participants, we cannot take you on your activity.
- Arrive 10 mins before your adventure start time and wait in your vehicle where your instructor will meet you.
- If you have your own wetsuits it is preferable to bring them, if not, our instructors will allocate your wetsuit, buoyancy aid and helmet that will have all been cleaned within manufacturer guidelines.
During this time, we have had to adapt areas of our service to ensure staff and customers are kept safe. Find out how we are reopening safely here.
Duration: 1 Day
Minimum Standard: See pre-requisites
Minimum Age: 16 yrs.Check Dates, Prices & Book