Level 1 Certificate in Coaching Paddlesport is the first step on the paddlesport coaching pathway. The qualification develops the foundation coaching skills that underpin coaching practice. Specifically, it introduces the fundamentals of safe, ethical and effective paddlesport coaching. The qualification is not discipline specific.
This course prepares coaches for running taster sessions, coaching introductory core skills, coaching paddlers in a variety of small craft and coaching in sheltered and very sheltered water conditions, normally with the support of a more qualified coach.
- Completed Foundation Safety and Rescue Training
- Hold current 2 star award (or higher) in Canoe and Kayak
Candidate wishing to pursue a Level 1 Certificate in Coaching Paddlesport are required to register centrally for the qualification, directly with British Canoeing or your respective Home Nation Association. This is in addition to booking your course.
It is advisable to do this at least 4 weeks prior to the training course and is valid for 12 months.
Click here for full course details including registration forms and current registration fees
Plas Menai will provide all necessary personal protective clothing including wetsuits, waterproofs, buoyancy aids and helmets.
Please bring with you;
- Swimming togs & towel
- Footwear for on the water
- Sock that cover your ankles
- 50p for locker
THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN YOU BOOK WITH PLAS MENAI NATIONAL OUTDOOR CENTRE
Plas Menai fully supports the government guidelines on the current Covid-19 situation. Following Government advice, we have everything in place to operate safely and follow these guidelines.
- Pre book your adventure online. Booking in advance is essential. We cannot accommodate walk in bookings.
- A booking confirmation will be sent out to your email address including all information you will need before arriving at the centre.
- Waivers are online only; a link will be included in your email confirmation for you to complete on your own computer or phone. If we do not receive a completed waiver from you and additional participants, we cannot take you on your activity.
- Arrive 10 mins before your adventure start time and wait in your vehicle where your instructor will meet you.
- If you have your own wetsuits it is preferable to bring them, if not, our instructors will allocate your wetsuit, buoyancy aid and helmet that will have all been cleaned within manufacturer guidelines.
During this time, we have had to adapt areas of our service to ensure staff and customers are kept safe. Find out how we are reopening safely here.
Duration: 4 Days
Minimum Standard: See eligibility criteria
Minimum Age: 16 yrs.Check Dates, Prices & Book