The Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Paddlesport is the next step on the paddlesport coaching pathway and introduces the skills and coaching behaviours required for developing performance through progressive coaching.
Level 2 coaches are trained and assessed to work independently in the planning, delivery and review of progressive and developmental sessions for their paddlers.
The qualification is available as either a bank-based or boat-based award, and is certificated as either a single discipline (canoe or kayak) or dual discipline (canoe and kayak).
To achieve the Level 2 certificate you will need to successfully complete three components; a training course and period of consolidation and an assessment day.
This four day intensive course covers the training course component.
- Foundation Safety and Rescue Training
- Level 1 Paddlesport Coach
- BCU Full Individual Membership with your Home Nation Association
- Relevant Star Award: 2 Star Award or Paddlepower Discover and 3 star Award in any discipline
In order to undertake this course you must register with your Home Nation Association and undertake the course within 12 months of registering. This is in addition to booking your course.
It is advisable to do this at least 4 weeks prior to the training course and is valid for 12 months.
Click here for full course details including registration forms and current registration fees
Note: While only a single 3 Star is required at the point of registration, candidates wishing to complete the dual discipline assessment will need to hold 3 Star awards in both a canoe and a kayak discipline at the point of assessment.
Plas Menai will provide all necessary personal protective clothing including wetsuits, waterproofs, buoyancy aids and helmets.
Please bring with you;
- Swimming togs & towel
- Footwear for on the water
- Sock that cover your ankles
- 50p for locker
THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN YOU BOOK WITH PLAS MENAI NATIONAL OUTDOOR CENTRE
Plas Menai fully supports the government guidelines on the current Covid-19 situation. Following Government advice, we have everything in place to operate safely and follow these guidelines.
- Pre book your adventure online. Booking in advance is essential. We cannot accommodate walk in bookings.
- A booking confirmation will be sent out to your email address including all information you will need before arriving at the centre.
- Waivers are online only; a link will be included in your email confirmation for you to complete on your own computer or phone. If we do not receive a completed waiver from you and additional participants, we cannot take you on your activity.
- Arrive 10 mins before your adventure start time and wait in your vehicle where your instructor will meet you.
- If you have your own wetsuits it is preferable to bring them, if not, our instructors will allocate your wetsuit, buoyancy aid and helmet that will have all been cleaned within manufacturer guidelines.
During this time, we have had to adapt areas of our service to ensure staff and customers are kept safe. Find out how we are reopening safely here.
Duration: 4 Days
Minimum Standard: See eligibility criteria
Minimum Age: 16 yrs.Check Dates, Prices & Book