This two day multi-hull instructor endorsement course involves the coaching of multi-hull sailing skills through the running of sessions ashore and afloat.
The 2 days of coaching will concentrate on good briefing, the running of sessions to improve student performance and the delivery of quality group debriefs, concentrating on areas particularly relevant to the sailing and coaching of multi-hull sailing.
In order to run successful sessions a good practical knowledge of multi-hull sailing techniques and manoeuvres is expected.
- RYA Dinghy Instructor qualification
- At least one season’s experience teaching sailing
- Experience sailing multi-hull dinghies with or without asymmetric spinnakers
- Previous powerboat handling experience in a teaching environment
- RYA Member
- Completion of pre-course work (a link to the pre-course work will be included in your booking confirmation email
The course will be taught by an RYA Coach Assessor and will be assessed on a continuous basis afloat. Upon successful completion of this course RYA instructor qualifications will be revalidated for 5 years with a new certificate sent with the endorsement added.
A qualified RYA Multi-Hull Instructor is able to teach all parts of the National Sailing Scheme (that they are currently recognised to teach) in multihulls.
Plas Menai will provide all necessary personal protective clothing including wetsuits, waterproofs, buoyancy aids and helmets.
Please bring with you;
- Swimming togs & towel
- Footwear for on the water
- Sock that cover your ankles
- 50p for locker
THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN YOU BOOK WITH PLAS MENAI NATIONAL OUTDOOR CENTRE
Plas Menai fully supports the government guidelines on the current Covid-19 situation. Following Government advice, we have everything in place to operate safely and follow these guidelines.
- Pre book your adventure online. Booking in advance is essential. We cannot accommodate walk in bookings.
- A booking confirmation will be sent out to your email address including all information you will need before arriving at the centre.
- Waivers are online only; a link will be included in your email confirmation for you to complete on your own computer or phone. If we do not receive a completed waiver from you and additional participants, we cannot take you on your activity.
- Arrive 10 mins before your adventure start time and wait in your vehicle where your instructor will meet you.
- If you have your own wetsuits it is preferable to bring them, if not, our instructors will allocate your wetsuit, buoyancy aid and helmet that will have all been cleaned within manufacturer guidelines.
During this time, we have had to adapt areas of our service to ensure staff and customers are kept safe. Find out how we are reopening safely here.
RYA Dinghy Coaching Handbook & Logbook (G14)
RYA National Sailing Scheme & Logbook (G4)
RYA Multi-Hull Handbook
Duration: 2 Days
Minimum Standard: See eligibilty criteria
Minimum Age: 16 yrs.Check Dates, Prices & Book