This two day multi-hull instructor endorsement course involves the coaching of multi-hull sailing skills through the running of sessions ashore and afloat. The weekend’s coaching will concentrate on good briefing, the running of sessions to improve student performance and the delivery of quality group debriefs, concentrating on areas particularly relevant to the sailing and coaching of multi-hull sailing.
In order to run successful sessions a good practical knowledge of multi-hull sailing techniques and manoeuvres is expected.
- RYA Dinghy Instructor qualification
- At least one season’s experience teaching sailing
- Experience sailing multi-hull dinghies with or without asymmetric spinnakers
- Previous powerboat handling experience in a teaching environment
- RYA Member
- Completion of pre-course work (a link to the pre-course work will be included in your booking confirmation email
The course will be taught by an RYA Coach Assessor and will be assessed on a continuous basis afloat. Upon successful completion of this course RYA instructor qualifications will be revalidated for 5 years with a new certificate sent with the endorsement added.
A qualified RYA Multi-Hull Instructor is able to teach all parts of the National Sailing Scheme (that they are currently recognised to teach) in multihulls.
RYA Dinghy Coaching Handbook & Logbook (G14)
RYA National Sailing Scheme & Logbook (G4)
RYA Multi-Hull Handbook
Duration: 2 Days
Minimum Standard: See eligibilty criteria
Minimum Age: 16 yrs.Check Dates, Prices & Book