The 5 day Advanced Windsurf Instructor upgrade is designed for qualified Intermediate instructors with significant experience in the RYA training scheme. We train you in teaching techniques at the top of the sport, with the emphasis on personal coaching and elite performance.
Achieving the RYA’s Advanced Instructors qualification is as high as you can go before becoming a Windsurfing Trainer. The qualification means you teach advanced skills at any high performance windsurfing centres running RYA courses.
- Minimum personal ability of the Advanced certificate
RYA Intermediate Instructor Planing Instructor, with evidence of 100 hours logged
- RYA Powerboat Level 2
- Valid First Aid certificate (A full list of certificates recognised by the RYA can be found here)
- RYA Member
On successful completion of your course you will be asked to sign a health declaration stating that you are not suffering from any physical or mental impairment which has an adverse effect on your ability to properly discharge your duty of care as an instructor. If you are unable to sign the standard declaration, you will be required to complete a medical questionnaire.
Plas Menai will provide all necessary personal protective clothing including wetsuits, waterproofs, buoyancy aids and helmets.
Please bring with you;
- Swimming togs & towel
- Footwear for on the water
- Sock that cover your ankles
- 50p for locker
THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN YOU BOOK WITH PLAS MENAI NATIONAL OUTDOOR CENTRE
Plas Menai fully supports the government guidelines on the current Covid-19 situation. Following Government advice, we have everything in place to operate safely and follow these guidelines.
- Pre book your adventure online. Booking in advance is essential. We cannot accommodate walk in bookings.
- A booking confirmation will be sent out to your email address including all information you will need before arriving at the centre.
- Waivers are online only; a link will be included in your email confirmation for you to complete on your own computer or phone. If we do not receive a completed waiver from you and additional participants, we cannot take you on your activity.
- Arrive 10 mins before your adventure start time and wait in your vehicle where your instructor will meet you.
- If you have your own wetsuits it is preferable to bring them, if not, our instructors will allocate your wetsuit, buoyancy aid and helmet that will have all been cleaned within manufacturer guidelines.
During this time, we have had to adapt areas of our service to ensure staff and customers are kept safe. Find out how we are reopening safely here.
RYA Windsurfing Instructor Manual (W33)
RYA National Windsurfing Scheme Syllabus & Log (G47)
Duration: 5 Days
Minimum Standard: See pre-requisites
Minimum Age: 16 yrs.Check Dates, Prices & Book