The RYA Dinghy Instructor is the qualification required for those wishing to use their sailing skills to teach others and impart their passion and enthusiasm for the sport.
As a dinghy instructor you must be a competent, experienced sailor capable of sailing a training boat in strong winds, handling a small powerboat and be able to communicate with a diverse range of people from novices to improvers, adults and children.
Due to the temporary adjustment to the RYA Dinghy instructor course we can offer a three day course for those aspiring instructors keen to teach and inspire sailing. This three days course is to be in singlehander dinghies. A bolt on two days can be done within 12 months to upgrade to the full dinghy instructor and we will run those courses as soon a social distancing and guidance allows candidates to sail together in crewed dinghies.
- RYA Powerboat Level 2 - we will run this just for instructor candidates to join the course Friday 14th - 15th August
- Valid First Aid certificate (A full list of certificates recognised by the RYA can be found here) we will run this just for instructor candidates to join the course Sunday 16th August
- Pre-Entry Sailing Assessment - book this online, running 17th August for DI 18th-20th August
- RYA Safe and Fun Safeguarding course certificate - book the RYA Interactive online course with us
- RYA Member
- Completion of pre-course work (a link to the pre-course work pack will be included in your booking confirmation email)
To book RYA Powerboat Level 2 and/or First Aid pre-requisites, please email email@example.com
On successful completion of your course you will be asked to sign a health declaration stating that you are not suffering from any physical or mental impairment which has an adverse effect on your ability to properly discharge your duty of care as an instructor. If you are unable to sign the standard declaration, you will be required to complete a medical questionnaire.
RYA Dinghy Coaching Handbook & Logbook (G14)
RYA National Sailing Scheme & Logbook (G4)
Young Sailors Logbook (G11)
Duration: 3 Days under current Government restrictions (usually 5days)
Minimum Standard: See pre-requisites
Minimum Age: 16 yrs.
Anyone under the age of 18 years must have a Parental Consent form completed and signed by a parent/guardian - this must be handed in to reception on arrival during registration, without this form participants will not be permitted to take part.Check Dates, Prices & Book