An RYA Senior Instructor is qualified to organise and control group sailing tuition and to supervise and assist instructors. An SI must be a confident, competent manager capable of organising groups of all ages and directing the work of their instructors.
This is a four day course, taught by two RYA Coach Assessorsduring which the candidates are continuously assessed.
- Sailing ability up to that of RYA Dinghy Instructor
- At least two years intermittent or one year full time instructing since qualifying as a RYA Dinghy Instructor
- RYA Safety Boat
- Valid First Aid certificate (A full list of certificates recognised by the RYA can be found here)
- RYA Safe and Fun Safeguarding course certificate
- Signed recommendation from the Principal of an RYA Training Centre
- RYA Member
- Completion of the Senior Instructor Workbook
On successful completion of your course you will be asked to sign a health declaration stating that you are not suffering from any physical or mental impairment which has an adverse effect on your ability to properly discharge your duty of care as an instructor. If you are unable to sign the standard declaration, you will be required to complete a medical questionnaire.
RYA Dinghy Coaching Handbook & Logbook (G14)
RYA National Sailing Scheme & Logbook (G4)
Young Sailors Logbook (G11)
RYA Powerboat logbook (G20)
Duration: 4 Days (Thursday-Sunday)
Time: 0915-1700 (includes some evening work)
Minimum Standard: See eligibilty criteria
Minimum Age: 18 yrs.Check Dates, Prices & Book