The RYA Windsurfing Instructor is qualified to teach the Start Windsurfing course and Stages 1 and 2 of the Youth Windsurfing Scheme under the supervision of a senior instructor.
The course is based around the RYA Start Windsurfing syllabus, so please make sure you are familiar with this prior to your arrival. The course will cover the use a simulator, on water demonstrations and group teaching techniques and control and you will spend the majority of the week on beginner equipment.
The five day course is taught by a RYA Windsurf Trainer and is moderated on the final day by a second RYA Windsurf Trainer.
- Intermediate non-planing certificate with beach starting and non-planing gybe clinics
- RYA Powerboat Level 2 - we will run this just for instructor candidates to join the course Friday 14th - 15th August
- Valid First Aid certificate (A full list of certificates recognised by the RYA can be found here) we will run this just for instructor candidates to join the course Sunday 16th August
- RYA Safe and Fun Safeguarding course certificate - book the RYA Interactive online course with us
- RYA Member
- Completion of pre-course work (a link to the pre-course work pack will be included in your booking confirmation email)
To book RYA Powerboat Level 2 and/or First Aid pre-requisites, please email email@example.com
On successful completion of your course you will be asked to sign a health declaration stating that you are not suffering from any physical or mental impairment which has an adverse effect on your ability to properly discharge your duty of care as an instructor. If you are unable to sign the standard declaration, you will be required to complete a medical questionnaire.
RYA Windsurfing Instructor Manual (W33)
RYA National Windsurfing Scheme Syllabus & Log (G47)
Duration: 5 Days
Time: 0915-1700 (does include some evening work)
Minimum Standard: See pre-requisites
Minimum Age: 16 yrs.
Anyone under the age of 18 years must have a Parental Consent form completed and signed by a parent/guardian - this must be handed in to reception on arrival during registration, without this form participants will not be permitted to take part.Check Dates, Prices & Book