This 2-day assessment delivers the personal skill level and leadership ability required to lead a group of paddlers, on short, single or multi-day journeys in a moderate tidal water environment with winds not exceeding Beaufort Force 4.
Formerly known as the 4-star leader award from British Canoeing.
The Moderate water sea leader award has been designed to show a candidate has the skill level required to lead other competent paddlers in the moderate water environment.
You will need to show that you have the all-round ability to paddle, be safe and perform rescues along with the necessary leadership skills required whilst undertaking trips with a group of paddlers. You will also be assessed on your personal skills.
- BC Moderate water (4 star) sea kayak leader training course and relevant safety training.
- Coastal navigation & tidal planning
- 8 hr first aid certificate incl CPR
Before arriving at assessment, you must have completed your leader qualifications registration form, it is advisable to do this at least 2-weeks prior to the assessment date.
At the point of registration the following prerequisites are required:
- Relevant Leadership Training: Sea Kayak Leader training within previous 3 years.
- Relevant Safety Training: Coastal Navigation & Tidal Planning or similar RYA course (see the Equivalents for British Canoeing Safety Awards).
- First Aid Award: Recognised 2-day First Aid within last 3 years
- Registration Fee: £39 for British Canoeing Members
- Age: 16 years of age, or older
Paddlers who already meet these prerequisites are invited to register now using the Leader Registration (LR) Form HERE.
Duration: 2 Days
Minimum Standard: See Pre-requisites
Minimum Age: 16 yrs.
Anyone under the age of 18 years must have a Parental Consent form completed and signed by a parent/guardian - this must be handed in to reception on arrival during registration, without this form participants will not be permitted to take part.Check Dates, Prices & Book