Our Mountain bike preparation and Instructor Level 2 Training Courses are the entry point for most aspirant mountain bike leaders, enabling qualified leaders to use their experience to safely guide others on off-road terrain.
To attend the preparation or Level 2 training you will need to:
- Be 18 years old or over.
- Have mountain biking experience in a variety of terrain and weather conditions.
- Be competent in the techniques and skills required to safely negotiate the typical trail features encountered in the Level 2 environment. As a general guide this is comparable to red-graded purpose-built trails.
- Hold a current two-day outdoor First Aid certificate (this can be undertaken at a later date, but ideally is submitted shortly after assessment).
- You will need to provide your tutor with a logbook of evidence of your recent rides in appropriate terrain (we recommend a minimum of 15 quality rides in the 12 months prior to assessment, four of which should be 4 hours or more in duration). A logbook will be sent to you upon registering for the awards (discuss alternative methods for logging the information required with your tutor). The logbook should provide evidence not only of the location, duration and route of the rides but also demonstrate to the tutor your ability to self-reflect on each ride.
Mountain Bike Instructor
- 2 days training & 1 day assessment
- Mountain Bike Leader Level Two
- Technical terrain
Mountain Bike Instructor Preperation
- 2 days
- Mountain Bike Leader Level One
- Non technical terrain
- Including 1 day on the Gwydir or Coed Y Brenin MTB Trail