This practical 1 day course is aimed at students who have completed the RYA Powerboat level 2 and have enjoyed it so much they want to do more.
The PB2+ is not a certificated course, we have built this course to offer an opportunity for more power boating on the Menai Strait to broaden knowledge and experience.
This course is aimed to bridge the gap between the RYA Powerboat Level 2 and the RYA Intermediate Powerboat, providing further tidal knowledge and working practice, weather and more driving skills by practicing manoeuvres in our range of boats.
This would also be a great course for inland powerboaters who want to experience the Menai Strait or people who just want to get afloat and log more driving hours.
As this day is about experience, it’s a day you can do as many times as you like.
Plas Menai will provide all necessary personal protective clothing including wetsuits, waterproofs, buoyancy aids and helmets.
Please bring with you;
- 50p for locker
THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN YOU BOOK WITH PLAS MENAI NATIONAL OUTDOOR CENTRE
Plas Menai fully supports the government guidelines on the current Covid-19 situation. Following Government advice, we have everything in place to operate safely and follow these guidelines.
- Pre book your adventure online. Booking in advance is essential. We cannot accommodate walk in bookings.
- A booking confirmation will be sent out to your email address including all information you will need before arriving at the centre.
- Waivers are online only; a link will be included in your email confirmation for you to complete on your own computer or phone. If we do not receive a completed waiver from you and additional participants, we cannot take you on your activity.
- Arrive 10 mins before your adventure start time and wait in your vehicle where your instructor will meet you.
- If you have your own wetsuits it is preferable to bring them, if not, our instructors will allocate your wetsuit, buoyancy aid and helmet that will have all been cleaned within manufacturer guidelines.
During this time, we have had to adapt areas of our service to ensure staff and customers are kept safe. Find out how we are reopening safely here.
The Next Steps: If you are keen to develop your powerboat driving skills further, the follow on course is RYA Intermediate Powerboat. It is recommended that you have theoretical knowledge up to Day Skipper level prior to undertaking the Intermediate course.
If you are wanting to assist as safety or rescue cover in a racing or training environment, then you will need our RYA Safety Boat 2 day course, covering recovery techniques for various craft and fleet management.
Duration: 1 Day
Minimum standard: RYA Powerboat Level 2
Minimum Age: 16yrs