This advanced powerboat driving course will provide you with the confidence and skills to undertake more challenging day and night time coastal passages. During the course you will cover navigation at planning speed, weather and other aspects of skippering a powerboat, as well as undertaking a night time passage.
Key learning points: Preparation for sea, boat handling, passage making and responsibilities as a skipper, pilotage, meteorology, rules of the road, use of engines, emergency situations and night cruising.
Clothing and Equipment: Plas Menai will provide coastal waterproofs, however please bring with you warm clothes including a hat and gloves, wellies and a head torch (for the night navigation exercise)
Commercial Endorsement – This certificate cannot be commercially endorsed. If you require the commercial endorsement you will need to go on to complete the Advanced Powerboat Certificate of Competent (exam). If you wish to undertake the exam please get in touch via email@example.com or call bookings on 0300 300 3113 and we will endeavour to organise a date.
THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN YOU BOOK WITH PLAS MENAI NATIONAL OUTDOOR CENTRE
Plas Menai fully supports the government guidelines on the current Covid-19 situation. Following Government advice, we have everything in place to operate safely and follow these guidelines.
- Pre book your adventure online. Booking in advance is essential. We cannot accommodate walk in bookings.
- A booking confirmation will be sent out to your email address including all information you will need before arriving at the centre.
- Waivers are online only; a link will be included in your email confirmation for you to complete on your own computer or phone. If we do not receive a completed waiver from you and additional participants, we cannot take you on your activity.
- Arrive 10 mins before your adventure start time and wait in your vehicle where your instructor will meet you.
- If you have your own wetsuits it is preferable to bring them, if not, our instructors will allocate your wetsuit, buoyancy aid and helmet that will have all been cleaned within manufacturer guidelines.
During this time, we have had to adapt areas of our service to ensure staff and customers are kept safe. Find out how we are reopening safely here.
RYA Powerboat Logbook (G20)
Duration: 2 Days
Minimum Standard: Skills up to RYA Intermediate Powerboat level, knowledge of navigation up to at least Coastal Skipper/Yachtmaster theory level. It is also strongly recommended that you hold a valid first aid certificate and VHF Radio Operators Licence
Minimum Age: 17 yrs.
Passport Photo: This is required for the issue of your certificateCheck dates, prices & book