Aimed at those wanting to drive larger and more powerful powerboats on coastal waters, this practical course will build upon your current driving skills and develop your powerboat handling in more testing conditions. It will also cover passage planning and navigation and provide you with practical tips and advice on what to do in an emergency situation.
By the end of the 2 days you should have the skills to confidently plan and execute a short daytime coastal passage.
Key learning points: Planning a day cruise, boat preparation, boat handling, pilotage, passage making, man overboard
Plas Menai will provide all necessary personal protective clothing including wetsuits, waterproofs, buoyancy aids and helmets.
Please bring with you;
- 50p for locker
THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN YOU BOOK WITH PLAS MENAI NATIONAL OUTDOOR CENTRE
Plas Menai fully supports the government guidelines on the current Covid-19 situation. Following Government advice, we have everything in place to operate safely and follow these guidelines.
- Pre book your adventure online. Booking in advance is essential. We cannot accommodate walk in bookings.
- A booking confirmation will be sent out to your email address including all information you will need before arriving at the centre.
- Waivers are online only; a link will be included in your email confirmation for you to complete on your own computer or phone. If we do not receive a completed waiver from you and additional participants, we cannot take you on your activity.
- Arrive 10 mins before your adventure start time and wait in your vehicle where your instructor will meet you.
- If you have your own wetsuits it is preferable to bring them, if not, our instructors will allocate your wetsuit, buoyancy aid and helmet that will have all been cleaned within manufacturer guidelines.
During this time, we have had to adapt areas of our service to ensure staff and customers are kept safe. Find out how we are reopening safely here.
RYA Powerboat Logbook (G20)
Duration: 2 Days
Minimum Standard: Boat handling on coastal waters up to the standard of RYA Powerboat Level 2. It is also recommended that you have sound theoretical knowledge up to Day Skipper standard, a valid first aid certificate and hold a VHF Radio Operators Licence.
Minimum Age: 16 yrs.Check dates, prices & book