This two day RYA Safety Boat course is a pre-requisite for the RYA Senior Instructor course and is useful for anybody wanting to assist as safety or rescue cover at their local sailing club.
Over the course of the 2 days you will learn how to safely rescue and recover a variety of water craft as well as how to set up and manage tows.
Key learning points: Preparation, boat handling, dinghy rescue, windsurfer rescue, kayak or canoe rescue, towing, end of day procedures, safety, suitability of craft, local factors, communication, rescuing other water users.
THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN YOU BOOK WITH PLAS MENAI NATIONAL OUTDOOR CENTRE
Plas Menai fully supports the government guidelines on the current Covid-19 situation. Following Government advice, we have everything in place to operate safely and follow these guidelines.
- Pre book your adventure online. Booking in advance is essential. We cannot accommodate walk in bookings.
- A booking confirmation will be sent out to your email address including all information you will need before arriving at the centre.
- Waivers are online only; a link will be included in your email confirmation for you to complete on your own computer or phone. If we do not receive a completed waiver from you and additional participants, we cannot take you on your activity.
- Arrive 10 mins before your adventure start time and wait in your vehicle where your instructor will meet you.
- If you have your own wetsuits it is preferable to bring them, if not, our instructors will allocate your wetsuit, buoyancy aid and helmet that will have all been cleaned within manufacturer guidelines.
During this time, we have had to adapt areas of our service to ensure staff and customers are kept safe. Find out how we are reopening safely here.
RYA Safety Boat Handbook (G16)
RYA Powerboat Logbook (G20)