Start Sailing Catamarans is a 2 day introduction to the exhilarating world of multi-hull sailing. Over the 2 days we aim to cover the following;
RYA Start Sailing (Stage1): This course introduces you to the fundamentals of sailing, including sailing up, down and across the wind, turning the boat and what to do in the event of a capsize.
Key learning points: Rigging, launching, landing, sailing in all directions, capsize recovery, safety information and basic sailing theory.
Our friendly instructors will be with you every step of the way, offering clear instruction, guidance and encouragement to make this an action-packed and unforgettable weekend.
Plas Menai will provide all necessary personal protective clothing including wetsuits, waterproofs, buoyancy aids and helmets.
Please bring with you;
- Swimming togs & towel
- Footwear for on the water
- Sock that cover your ankles
- 50p for locker
THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN YOU BOOK WITH PLAS MENAI NATIONAL OUTDOOR CENTRE
Plas Menai fully supports the government guidelines on the current Covid-19 situation. Following Government advice, we have everything in place to operate safely and follow these guidelines.
- Pre book your adventure online. Booking in advance is essential. We cannot accommodate walk in bookings.
- A booking confirmation will be sent out to your email address including all information you will need before arriving at the centre.
- Waivers are online only; a link will be included in your email confirmation for you to complete on your own computer or phone. If we do not receive a completed waiver from you and additional participants, we cannot take you on your activity.
- Arrive 10 mins before your adventure start time and wait in your vehicle where your instructor will meet you.
- If you have your own wetsuits it is preferable to bring them, if not, our instructors will allocate your wetsuit, buoyancy aid and helmet that will have all been cleaned within manufacturer guidelines.
During this time, we have had to adapt areas of our service to ensure staff and customers are kept safe. Find out how we are reopening safely here.
The Next Steps: This weekend is a perfect introduction to multi-hull sailing. To progress your sailing further we recommend you joining your local sailing club to help consolidate what you have learnt, and then join us for RYA Basic Skills (L2) - Catamarans for a further 2 days.
To find out where your nearest sailing club is please visit the RYA.
RYA Dinghy Sailing Beginners Handbook (G3)
RYA National Sailing Scheme Logbook (G4)
Duration: 2 Days
Minimum Standard: NoneCheck Dates, Prices & Book