This course follows on from the RYA Start Sailing (L1) - Catamaran, providing more experience and giving you the confidence to sail without supervision.
The course is designed for those who have attended Start Sailing and are looking to take their multihull sailing skills to the next level.
RYA Level 2 Basic Skills - During the course you will learn rigging, launching, sailing in all directions, capsize recovery and essential safety knowledge.
After the course you will be able to sail and make decisions in good conditions.
Our friendly instructors will be with you every step of the way, offering clear instruction, guidance and encouragement to ensure you really get the most out of your sailing weekend.
Plas Menai will provide all necessary personal protective clothing including wetsuits, waterproofs, buoyancy aids and helmets.
Please bring with you;
- Swimming togs & towel
- Footwear for on the water
- Sock that cover your ankles
- 50p for locker
THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN YOU BOOK WITH PLAS MENAI NATIONAL OUTDOOR CENTRE
Plas Menai fully supports the government guidelines on the current Covid-19 situation. Following Government advice, we have everything in place to operate safely and follow these guidelines.
- Pre book your adventure online. Booking in advance is essential. We cannot accommodate walk in bookings.
- A booking confirmation will be sent out to your email address including all information you will need before arriving at the centre.
- Waivers are online only; a link will be included in your email confirmation for you to complete on your own computer or phone. If we do not receive a completed waiver from you and additional participants, we cannot take you on your activity.
- Arrive 10 mins before your adventure start time and wait in your vehicle where your instructor will meet you.
- If you have your own wetsuits it is preferable to bring them, if not, our instructors will allocate your wetsuit, buoyancy aid and helmet that will have all been cleaned within manufacturer guidelines.
During this time, we have had to adapt areas of our service to ensure staff and customers are kept safe. Find out how we are reopening safely here.
The Next Steps: To progress your sailing further we recommend you joining your local sailing club to help consolidate what you have learnt. Once you have gained more experience and confidence then think about trying try our Better Sailing - Catamaran 2 day course.
To find out where your nearest sailing club is please visit the RYA.
RYA Dinghy Sailing Beginners Handbook (G3)
RYA National Sailing Scheme Logbook (G4)
Duration: 2 Days
Certificate: RYA Better Sailing (L2)
Minimum Standard: Sailing skills to the standard of Level 1
Minimum Age: 16 yrs.Check Dates, Prices & Book