With limited time, this 2 day course will concentrate predominantly on providing a basic introduction to sea kayaking.
After an introductory session in the pool to familiarise yourselves with the boats, you will head off to our kayak store to select your kayak and set it up so it fits you comfortably.
Time on the water will be spent introducing you to basic paddling strokes and safety and rescue skills. By the end of the 2 days you should be comfortable paddling forwards and have the basic skills and understanding to start planning a short journey in calm conditions.
Plas Menai will provide all necessary personal protective clothing including wetsuits, waterproofs, buoyancy aids and helmets.
THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN YOU BOOK WITH PLAS MENAI NATIONAL OUTDOOR CENTRE
Plas Menai fully supports the government guidelines on the current Covid-19 situation. Following Government advice, we have everything in place to operate safely and follow these guidelines.
- Pre book your adventure online. Booking in advance is essential. We cannot accommodate walk in bookings.
- A booking confirmation will be sent out to your email address including all information you will need before arriving at the centre.
- Waivers are online only; a link will be included in your email confirmation for you to complete on your own computer or phone. If we do not receive a completed waiver from you and additional participants, we cannot take you on your activity.
- Arrive 10 mins before your adventure start time and wait in your vehicle where your instructor will meet you.
- If you have your own wetsuits it is preferable to bring them, if not, our instructors will allocate your wetsuit, buoyancy aid and helmet that will have all been cleaned within manufacturer guidelines.
During this time, we have had to adapt areas of our service to ensure staff and customers are kept safe. Find out how we are reopening safely here.
The Next Steps: As you build your confidence you may wish to consider our Discover Sea Kayaking - All round Intro which allows much more time on the water to build up your skills and confidence and offers more in-depth trip planning advice and scenario planning.
Or if time is limited and you can comfortably paddle forward and manoeuvre a sea kayak in moderate conditions and can make edged turns, then you may be interested in our 2 day Progress your Sea Kayaking - Basic Progression.
We do not currently stock this publication. However it is available to purchase directly from Pesda Press and other outlets
Duration: 2 Days
Minimum Standard: None
Minimum Age: 16 yrs.Check Dates, Prices & Book