This 5 day course is the perfect all round introduction to sea paddling.
Time will be spent introducing you to basic boat handling skills and seamanship skills but we will also introduce you to other factors such as trip planning, tidal and weather considerations, wildlife spotting, journeying, cooking and foraging, all with the aim of giving you the basic skills, confidence and kayak coastcraft knowledge to enable you to go off on short passages and safely explore the coastline from a new point of view.
THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN YOU BOOK WITH PLAS MENAI NATIONAL OUTDOOR CENTRE
Plas Menai fully supports the government guidelines on the current Covid-19 situation. Following Government advice, we have everything in place to operate safely and follow these guidelines.
- Pre book your adventure online. Booking in advance is essential. We cannot accommodate walk in bookings.
- A booking confirmation will be sent out to your email address including all information you will need before arriving at the centre.
- Waivers are online only; a link will be included in your email confirmation for you to complete on your own computer or phone. If we do not receive a completed waiver from you and additional participants, we cannot take you on your activity.
- Arrive 10 mins before your adventure start time and wait in your vehicle where your instructor will meet you.
- If you have your own wetsuits it is preferable to bring them, if not, our instructors will allocate your wetsuit, buoyancy aid and helmet that will have all been cleaned within manufacturer guidelines.
During this time, we have had to adapt areas of our service to ensure staff and customers are kept safe. Find out how we are reopening safely here.
The Next Steps: This 5 day course will give you a great foundation on which to build and develop your skills. It is recommended that you should complete some calm weather, short coastal passages in company to consolidate what you have learnt. As you build up your confidence, you may want to consider stepping up to the next level by developing your skills further on either our 5 day Progress your Sea Kayaking - All Round Progression or our 2 day Progress your Kayaking - Basic Progression .
We do not currently stock this publication. However it is available to purchase directly from Pesda Press and other outlets
Duration: 5 Days
Minimum Standard: None
Minimum Age: 16 yrs.Check Dates, Prices & Book