Learn to live out of your kayak -If you feel you have the boat handling skills to head off on a short expedition but lack the experience of planning and organising a trip, this 2 day course is the perfect introduction to sea kayak expeditions, covering all the essentials required for planning a successful overnight or multi-day trip.
Under the guidance of our experienced kayak instructors, learn how to prepare for an expedition, learning about coastal navigation, tides, weather, passage planning, packing for a trip, what food to take, what you can forage and water purification, as well as scenario planning i.e. what to do if you get a broken skeg, or lose a tent pole.
You will also spend time out on the water brushing up your skills and practising paddling with a packed kayak.
Plas Menai will provide all necessary personal protective clothing including wetsuits, waterproofs, buoyancy aids and helmets.
THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN YOU BOOK WITH PLAS MENAI NATIONAL OUTDOOR CENTRE
Plas Menai fully supports the government guidelines on the current Covid-19 situation. Following Government advice, we have everything in place to operate safely and follow these guidelines.
- Pre book your adventure online. Booking in advance is essential. We cannot accommodate walk in bookings.
- A booking confirmation will be sent out to your email address including all information you will need before arriving at the centre.
- Waivers are online only; a link will be included in your email confirmation for you to complete on your own computer or phone. If we do not receive a completed waiver from you and additional participants, we cannot take you on your activity.
- Arrive 10 mins before your adventure start time and wait in your vehicle where your instructor will meet you.
- If you have your own wetsuits it is preferable to bring them, if not, our instructors will allocate your wetsuit, buoyancy aid and helmet that will have all been cleaned within manufacturer guidelines.
During this time, we have had to adapt areas of our service to ensure staff and customers are kept safe. Find out how we are reopening safely here.
The Next Steps: To put your learning to the test, why not join us, under the guidance of our experienced kayak instructors, on one of our Expeditions:
For more experienced sea kayakers who have done an overnight sea kayak expedition before and are comfortable in moderate conditions and tidal races:
We do not currently stock this publication. However it is available to purchase directly from Pesda Press and other outlets
Duration: 2 Days
Minimum Age: 16 yrs.Check Dates, Prices & Book