Join us for a two day expedition kayaking along the beautiful North Wales Coast of the Llyn Peninsula, exploring the hidden caves and beaches.
This expeditions is ideal for people who are relatively new to sea kayaking and want to challenge their skills on an exhilarating adventure under the guidance of our experienced kayak instructors.
The expedition will start and end at the centre, and will include 1 night wild camping.
It is useful if you have paddled before and got some basic boat handling skills before embarking on this trips.
If you haven’t sea kayaked before then why not sign up to either our 5 day Discover Sea Kayaking - All round Introduction or our 2 day Discover Sea Kayaking - Basic Introduction
If you are looking to progress your skills in preparation to join us on one of our expeditions, and you can already comfortably paddle forwards and manoeuvre a sea kayak in moderate conditions and can make edged turns, you may be interested in our 5 day Progress your Sea Kayaking - All Round Progression or 2 day Progress your Sea Kayaking - Basic Progression.
And why not consider our 2 day Introduction to Expedition Skills to learn the skills and kit you will need to do an overnight sea kayak trip like this.
Plas Menai will provide all necessary kit and personal protective clothing including waterproofs, buoyancy aids and safety equipment.Additional kit and equipment provided on Expedition:
- Spray deck
- Dry bags (2 x18ltr)
- Camping equipment inc stove, gas, pots & pans
You will need to bring:
- Head Torch
- Sleeping bag
- Sleeping mat/thermarest
- Warm clothes, fleece/thermals, hat
- Sunglasses & sun cream
- Non-breakable mug
- Wet wipes
- Midge head net and repellent
- Small knife
- Disposable lighters (the push button, rather than roller as best)
- Water sterilisation tablets
THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN YOU BOOK WITH PLAS MENAI NATIONAL OUTDOOR CENTRE
Plas Menai fully supports the government guidelines on the current Covid-19 situation. Following Government advice, we have everything in place to operate safely and follow these guidelines.
- Pre book your adventure online. Booking in advance is essential. We cannot accommodate walk in bookings.
- A booking confirmation will be sent out to your email address including all information you will need before arriving at the centre.
- Waivers are online only; a link will be included in your email confirmation for you to complete on your own computer or phone. If we do not receive a completed waiver from you and additional participants, we cannot take you on your activity.
- Arrive 10 mins before your adventure start time and wait in your vehicle where your instructor will meet you.
- If you have your own wetsuits it is preferable to bring them, if not, our instructors will allocate your wetsuit, buoyancy aid and helmet that will have all been cleaned within manufacturer guidelines.
During this time, we have had to adapt areas of our service to ensure staff and customers are kept safe. Find out how we are reopening safely here.
The Next Steps: If you really enjoy the experience of our Llyn Peninsular Expedition, then there are more challenging expeditions and courses you can sign up to as the year goes on;
Tidal Races and Overfalls; If you have sea kayaked before but have got no or limited experience of paddling in moving water.
Holy Island circumnavigation Expedition; A great two day intermediate expedition exploring the fantastic coastline of Holy Island off the west coast of Anglesey.
Anglesey Circumnavigation; A perfect opportunity to explore the Anglesey coastline and wildlife on a 5 day expedition. You will need previous expedition experience and be comfortable in moderate water conditions and tidal races/ overfalls. You will also need to be paddling fit and able to cover 30km per day.
We do not currently stock this publication. However it is available to purchase directly from Pesda Press and other outlets
Duration: 2 Days with overnight wild camping
Minimum Standard: None
Minimum Age: 18 yrs.Check Dates, Prices & Book