With limited time, this 2 day course is focused on improving your kayaking skills by getting you out on the water as quickly as possible, so it is essential you are at the minimum standard (see panel right) to ensure everybody really gets the most out of the 2 days.
With a wealth of stunning paddling locations on offer, you will have the opportunity to paddle at a different location each day, with each location providing a new set of challenges to test and develop your paddling skills. We will also try and squeeze in some coastal navigation and some tidal and passage planning.
Why not join us every Friday; Running over 6 week, from beginner, develop your basic sea kayak skills over the first two Fridays, or join us to progress your skills further, finishing with the last two Fridays introducing you to expedition skills.
Following this 6 week programme - zero to hero - why not put your learning to the test and join one of our 2 day expeditions; Menai Expedition and Llyn Peninsular Expedition.
The Friday sessions starts 23rd April 2021 and are bookable separate, so you can join us at any point if you already have the required skills :
Discover Sea Kayak - Basic Intro: 23rd and 30th April
Progress your Sea Kayaking - Basic Progression: 7th and 14th May
Menai Expedition: 29th - 30th May
Llyn Peninsular Expedition: 15th - 16th June
Plas Menai will provide all necessary personal protective clothing including wetsuits, waterproofs, buoyancy aids and helmets.
THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN YOU BOOK WITH PLAS MENAI NATIONAL OUTDOOR CENTRE
Plas Menai fully supports the government guidelines on the current Covid-19 situation. Following Government advice, we have everything in place to operate safely and follow these guidelines.
- Pre book your adventure online. Booking in advance is essential. We cannot accommodate walk in bookings.
- A booking confirmation will be sent out to your email address including all information you will need before arriving at the centre.
- Waivers are online only; a link will be included in your email confirmation for you to complete on your own computer or phone. If we do not receive a completed waiver from you and additional participants, we cannot take you on your activity.
- Arrive 10 mins before your adventure start time and wait in your vehicle where your instructor will meet you.
- If you have your own wetsuits it is preferable to bring them, if not, our instructors will allocate your wetsuit, buoyancy aid and helmet that will have all been cleaned within manufacturer guidelines.
During this time, we have had to adapt areas of our service to ensure staff and customers are kept safe. Find out how we are reopening safely here.
The Next Steps: If you feel a bit more time under the guidance of our instructors would be beneficial before heading out on your own, then the Progress your Sea Kayaking - All round progression is a good option and will give you considerable more on-water time with our instructors.
Or if you feel ready to take on a small expedition, why not consider our Introduction to Expedition Skills to learn the skills and kit you will need to do an overnight sea kayak trip.
We do not currently stock this publication. However it is available to purchase directly from Pesda Press and other outlets
Duration: 2 Days
Please note: 7th May date is run over two Fridays, 7th and 14th May
Minimum Standard: You should be comfortable paddling forwards and manoeuvring a sea kayak in moderate conditions and be able to make edged turns
Minimum Age: 16 yrs.Check Dates, Prices & Book