Take your paddling to the next level on this 5 day progression course designed to improve your sea paddling skills. There is no fixed agenda for the week, but you will get the chance to paddle in a variety of locations.
The North Wales and Anglesey coast is renowned as having some of the best sea kayaking locations in the world, meaning there are always plenty of options whatever the weather conditions.
Your paddling skills will develop as we take you to more challenging waters, introducing you to small tidal races and overfalls and we will also work on your rolling skills with a session in the pool.
In addition, we will cover coastal navigation, tidal and trip planning as well as developing your coastcraft skills. By the end of the 5 days, you will be well prepared to undertake more challenging coastal trips.
THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN YOU BOOK WITH PLAS MENAI NATIONAL OUTDOOR CENTRE
Plas Menai fully supports the government guidelines on the current Covid-19 situation. Following Government advice, we have everything in place to operate safely and follow these guidelines.
- Pre book your adventure online. Booking in advance is essential. We cannot accommodate walk in bookings.
- A booking confirmation will be sent out to your email address including all information you will need before arriving at the centre.
- Waivers are online only; a link will be included in your email confirmation for you to complete on your own computer or phone. If we do not receive a completed waiver from you and additional participants, we cannot take you on your activity.
- Arrive 10 mins before your adventure start time and wait in your vehicle where your instructor will meet you.
- If you have your own wetsuits it is preferable to bring them, if not, our instructors will allocate your wetsuit, buoyancy aid and helmet that will have all been cleaned within manufacturer guidelines.
During this time, we have had to adapt areas of our service to ensure staff and customers are kept safe. Find out how we are reopening safely here.
The Next Steps: It is recommended that you consolidate your skills with some carefully planned coastal day trips in company. If you feel ready to take on a small expedition, why not consider our Introduction to Expedition Skills to learn the skills and kit you will need to do an overnight sea kayak trip.
We do not currently stock this publication. However it is available to purchase directly from Pesda Press and other outlets
Duration: 5 Days
Minimum Standard: You should be comfortable paddling forwards and manoeuvring a sea kayak in moderate conditions and be able to make edged turns
Minimum Age: 16 yrs.Check Dates, Prices & Book