Experience the outstanding natural beauty of the North Wales coast under the leadership of knowledgeable instructors.
From our centre located on the banks of the Menai Strait, our Sea Kayaking Day Adventures is all about journeying around the local area, from either Anglesey to the northern parts of the Llŷn Peninsula.
Learn new skills, experience local tides and build your confidence.
Bring along snacks and drinks to put in a dry bag.
This day adventure is focused on developing your skills and taking that next step in your sea kayaking journey, or if you're already experienced you might want to simply join us for a truly spectacular day out, for anyone attending, it is essential you are at the minimum standard (see panel right) to ensure everybody really gets the most out of the day.
Plas Menai will provide all necessary personal protective clothing including wetsuits, waterproofs, buoyancy aids and helmets.
Please bring with you;
- Swimming togs & towel
- Footwear for on the water
- 50p for locker
The Next Steps: As you build up your confidence, you may want to consider stepping up to the next level by developing your skills further on our introduction to Expedition Skills, plan and prepare a short expedition over a 2 night wild camping expedition lead by our highly experienced instructors.
THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN YOU BOOK WITH PLAS MENAI NATIONAL OUTDOOR CENTRE
Plas Menai fully supports the government guidelines on the current Covid-19 situation. Following Government advice, we have everything in place to operate safely and follow these guidelines.
- Pre book your adventure online. Booking in advance is essential. We cannot accommodate walk in bookings.
- A booking confirmation will be sent out to your email address including all information you will need before arriving at the centre.
- Waivers are online only; a link will be included in your email confirmation for you to complete on your own computer or phone. If we do not receive a completed waiver from you and additional participants, we cannot take you on your activity.
- Arrive 10 mins before your adventure start time to collect your kit, kitting up and instructor briefing.
- If you have your own wetsuits it is preferable to bring them, if not, our instructors will allocate your wetsuit, buoyancy aid and helmet that will have all been cleaned within manufacturer guidelines.
During this time, we have had to adapt areas of our service to ensure staff and customers are kept safe. Find out how we are reopening safely here.
Duration: 1 Day
Minimum Standard: Prior Sea Kayaking experience required
Need to be comfortable and able to demonstrate the following skills:
Able to paddle in a straight line
Turning using sweep strokes
Experience of capsizing and recovery
Be medically and physically able to kayak for a day on the sea
Min Age: 18yrsCheck Dates, Prices & Book