Unlock the secrets of paddling the Swellies and develop your paddling skills and confidence in the whirlpools, waves and races of this challenging yet fascinating body of water.
This 2 day course includes comprehensive tidal analysis so you can really understand how conditions change, and we’ll introduce you to the best spots for playing in on both the ebb and flow of the tide.
THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN YOU BOOK WITH PLAS MENAI NATIONAL OUTDOOR CENTRE
Plas Menai fully supports the government guidelines on the current Covid-19 situation. Following Government advice, we have everything in place to operate safely and follow these guidelines.
- Pre book your adventure online. Booking in advance is essential. We cannot accommodate walk in bookings.
- A booking confirmation will be sent out to your email address including all information you will need before arriving at the centre.
- Waivers are online only; a link will be included in your email confirmation for you to complete on your own computer or phone. If we do not receive a completed waiver from you and additional participants, we cannot take you on your activity.
- Arrive 10 mins before your adventure start time and wait in your vehicle where your instructor will meet you.
- If you have your own wetsuits it is preferable to bring them, if not, our instructors will allocate your wetsuit, buoyancy aid and helmet that will have all been cleaned within manufacturer guidelines.
During this time, we have had to adapt areas of our service to ensure staff and customers are kept safe. Find out how we are reopening safely here.
The Next Steps: If this weekend has whetted your appetite for challenging yourself on fast moving water, then take a look at our Tide Races and Overfalls 2 day course, which will give you lots more of this type of paddling.
We do not currently stock this publication. However it is available to purchase directly from Pesda Press and other outlets
Duration: 2 Days
Minimum Standard: You be comfortable sea kayaking in moderate conditions. The ability to roll is useful but not essential for this course
Minimum Age: 16 yrs.Check Dates, Prices & Book