The prime objective of this course is to teach individuals the basic skills of marine outboard engine maintenance.
These basic skills will equip an individual with the knowledge and experience to carry out some routine maintenance.
This one day practical course is designed for all boating people and could make the difference between a lovely day out to one ruined by an engine failing to start or breaking down. It will give you the basic skills and the confidence to look after and maintain a typical 4 stroke outboard engine.
The RYA does not currently offer a ‘specific’ outboard engine maintenance & servicing course, however as an RYA recognised training centre that already offers the diesel engine course here at Plas Menai we have designed a course along the RYA diesel engine course syllabus aimed at 4 stroke petrol outboard engine maintenance.
This 1 day course includes hands on servicing of outboard engines. The course will be very much ‘hands on’ and pitched according to your current knowledge even if you have never held a spanner or wanting to further your current skills.
The course instructors are our very own qualified Equipment Officers/Engineers who work full time at Plas Menai in our large, on-site, well equipped workshop.
Key learning points: The outboard engine differences between 2&4 stroke , General servicing and maintenance, Fault finding/Common faults, Routine checks, cleaning & greasing, Electrical systems & Battery, Fuel systems & Filters, Lubrication System, Propellers, Changing gearbox oil, Water pump inspection and changing and Fresh water flushing
THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN YOU BOOK WITH PLAS MENAI NATIONAL OUTDOOR CENTRE
Plas Menai fully supports the government guidelines on the current Covid-19 situation. Following Government advice, we have everything in place to operate safely and follow these guidelines.
- Pre book your adventure online. Booking in advance is essential. We cannot accommodate walk in bookings.
- A booking confirmation will be sent out to your email address including all information you will need before arriving at the centre.
- Waivers are online only; a link will be included in your email confirmation for you to complete on your own computer or phone. If we do not receive a completed waiver from you and additional participants, we cannot take you on your activity.
- Arrive 10 mins before your adventure start time and wait in your vehicle where your instructor will meet you.
- If you have your own wetsuits it is preferable to bring them, if not, our instructors will allocate your wetsuit, buoyancy aid and helmet that will have all been cleaned within manufacturer guidelines.
During this time, we have had to adapt areas of our service to ensure staff and customers are kept safe. Find out how we are reopening safely here.
Duration: 1 Day
Minimum standard: None
Minimum Age: 16yrsCheck dates, prices & book