Learn how to prevent and solve diesel engines failures on this one day introduction to diesel engine maintenance.
Mechanical failure is the main cause of rescue call-outs to yachts, but some knowledge of basic maintenance and engine care will help to ensure you are not part of this statistic. Most engine problems can be avoided by taking simple precautions and you don’t need a detailed mechanical knowledge.
This course teaches you how an engine works, how to keep it healthy by using basic check and maintenance procedures and how to get it started again in the event of a breakdown.
Key learning points: The four stroke cycle, fuel, cooling and air systems, engine electrical systems, spares and tool requirements, winterisation and servicing.
THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN YOU BOOK WITH PLAS MENAI NATIONAL OUTDOOR CENTRE
Plas Menai fully supports the government guidelines on the current Covid-19 situation. Following Government advice, we have everything in place to operate safely and follow these guidelines.
- Pre book your adventure online. Booking in advance is essential. We cannot accommodate walk in bookings.
- A booking confirmation will be sent out to your email address including all information you will need before arriving at the centre.
- Waivers are online only; a link will be included in your email confirmation for you to complete on your own computer or phone. If we do not receive a completed waiver from you and additional participants, we cannot take you on your activity.
- Arrive 10 mins before your adventure start time and wait in your vehicle where your instructor will meet you.
- If you have your own wetsuits it is preferable to bring them, if not, our instructors will allocate your wetsuit, buoyancy aid and helmet that will have all been cleaned within manufacturer guidelines.
During this time, we have had to adapt areas of our service to ensure staff and customers are kept safe. Find out how we are reopening safely here.
Duration: 1 Day
Minimum standard: None
Minimum Age: 16yrsCheck dates, prices & book