This one day RYA First Aid course covers all the usual first aid subjects, provides a working knowledge of these from a boating perspective and is aimed at anyone who goes afloat.
It also fulfils the requirements for anybody wishing to gain the following professional qualifications which require holding a valid first aid certificate; RYA Dinghy Instructor, RYA Windsurfing Instructor, RYA Powerboat Instructor, RYA Senior Instructor
Key learning points: basic first aid and subjects specific to boating which include; recovery position in a confined space, CPR including drowning protocol, cold shock and hypothermia from immersion and/or exposure, seasickness and dehydration, medical assistance or advice by VHF and helicopter rescue.
During the course you will be given the latest edition of First Aid manual which is yours to keep.
THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN YOU BOOK WITH PLAS MENAI NATIONAL OUTDOOR CENTRE
Plas Menai fully supports the government guidelines on the current Covid-19 situation. Following Government advice, we have everything in place to operate safely and follow these guidelines.
- Pre book your adventure online. Booking in advance is essential. We cannot accommodate walk in bookings.
- A booking confirmation will be sent out to your email address including all information you will need before arriving at the centre.
- Waivers are online only; a link will be included in your email confirmation for you to complete on your own computer or phone. If we do not receive a completed waiver from you and additional participants, we cannot take you on your activity.
- Arrive 10 mins before your adventure start time and wait in your vehicle where your instructor will meet you.
- If you have your own wetsuits it is preferable to bring them, if not, our instructors will allocate your wetsuit, buoyancy aid and helmet that will have all been cleaned within manufacturer guidelines.
During this time, we have had to adapt areas of our service to ensure staff and customers are kept safe. Find out how we are reopening safely here.
Duration: 1 Day
Minimum standard: None
Minimum Age: 16yrsCheck dates, prices & book