Learn how to use one of the most important pieces of safety equipment on board your boat on this one day RYA Sea Survival course aimed at anybody going to sea.
Cruising is one of the safest leisure sporting activities and 99.9% of those who go afloat will never have cause to use their liferaft. However if you are ever in the unfortunate situation where you do, your chances of survival will be greatly increased if you understand how to use the equipment and help yourself.
It is a proven fact that, in the event of an emergency at sea, people with training are more likely to survive.
This course includes a practical session in the swimming pool, where you will get the opportunity to experience first hand the problems of entering a liferaft and how to assist others, whilst fully kitted out in wet weather gear and a lifejacket. We will provide you with waterproofs, but please remember to bring your swimming togs and a towel.
Key learning points: Liferafts and the equipment they contain, survival techniques, the design of life jackets, medical aspects of sea survival, search and rescue techniques.
THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN YOU BOOK WITH PLAS MENAI NATIONAL OUTDOOR CENTRE
Plas Menai fully supports the government guidelines on the current Covid-19 situation. Following Government advice, we have everything in place to operate safely and follow these guidelines.
- Pre book your adventure online. Booking in advance is essential. We cannot accommodate walk in bookings.
- A booking confirmation will be sent out to your email address including all information you will need before arriving at the centre.
- Waivers are online only; a link will be included in your email confirmation for you to complete on your own computer or phone. If we do not receive a completed waiver from you and additional participants, we cannot take you on your activity.
- Arrive 10 mins before your adventure start time and wait in your vehicle where your instructor will meet you.
- If you have your own wetsuits it is preferable to bring them, if not, our instructors will allocate your wetsuit, buoyancy aid and helmet that will have all been cleaned within manufacturer guidelines.
During this time, we have had to adapt areas of our service to ensure staff and customers are kept safe. Find out how we are reopening safely here.
Duration: 1 day
Minimum standard: None
Minimum Age: 16 yrs