This course brings together all of the elements of advanced windsurfing, including the windsurf foiling.
The 2 day course is aimed at improving skills and knowledge of the advanced modules applying most appropriate sessions for the conditions.
With a range of windsurfing equipment to choose from we will look at on water skills of carve gybing, waterstarting, carving manoeuvres and advanced techniques using the latest coaching techniques including video coaching and Bb Talking coaching headsets.
In the event of light wind there is still a lot of really useful skills to cover with gybing clinics, set up and tuning. Light wind drills and freestyle to improve board and rig handling and instil vital muscle memory as the building blocks to success of mastering advanced windsurfing manoeuvres.
The Plas Menai team consists a very experienced team of 3 windsurf trainers and 5 advanced instructors all very excited to welcome you to a full windsurfing emersion at our ultimate venue on the Menai Strait where every day the conditions are so different.
Who this course is for: This course is aimed at students who are comfortably planning in harness and foot straps wishing to improve advanced techniques.
Private coaching is available as the group course does need to consider the needs of all of the participants, for more information please visit our Private Tuition information.
We also hold a Windsurf Development Day every Friday and are designed for anyone wanting to advance their knowledge, experience and skills, and basically have a great time with like minded people, and acts as a bridge between intermediate and Advanced windsurfing.
Plas Menai will provide all necessary personal protective clothing including wetsuits, waterproofs, buoyancy aids and helmets.
Please bring with you;
- Swimming togs & towel
- Footwear for on the water
- Sock that cover your ankles
- 50p for locker
THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN YOU BOOK WITH PLAS MENAI NATIONAL OUTDOOR CENTRE
Plas Menai fully supports the government guidelines on the current Covid-19 situation. Following Government advice, we have everything in place to operate safely and follow these guidelines.
- Pre book your adventure online. Booking in advance is essential. We cannot accommodate walk in bookings.
- A booking confirmation will be sent out to your email address including all information you will need before arriving at the centre.
- Waivers are online only; a link will be included in your email confirmation for you to complete on your own computer or phone. If we do not receive a completed waiver from you and additional participants, we cannot take you on your activity.
- Arrive 10 mins before your adventure start time and wait in your vehicle where your instructor will meet you.
- If you have your own wetsuits it is preferable to bring them, if not, our instructors will allocate your wetsuit, buoyancy aid and helmet that will have all been cleaned within manufacturer guidelines.
During this time, we have had to adapt areas of our service to ensure staff and customers are kept safe. Find out how we are reopening safely here.
RYA National Windsurfing Scheme Syllabus & Log (G47)
Duration: 2 Days
Minimum Standard: Competent Intermediate level
Minimum Age: 16 yrs.Check Dates, Prices & Book