Improve your windsurfing technique on this practical 2 day course.
Over the 2 days we aim to cover the following;
RYA Intermediate Windsurfing: This course aims to improve your technique and confidence by introducing new skills including the beach start and an introduction to the harness and footstraps. RYA Windsurfing Pathway
Key learning points: faster tacking and gybing, blasting control, use of harness and footstraps
Our experienced and enthusiastic instructors are always keen to share their passion for windsurfing and this course will be packed full of top tips and advice to help you develop your windsurfing and hone your skills.
Plas Menai will provide all necessary personal protective clothing including wetsuits, waterproofs, buoyancy aids and helmets.
Please bring with you;
- Swimming togs & towel
- Footwear for on the water
- Sock that cover your ankles
- 50p for locker
THINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN YOU BOOK WITH PLAS MENAI NATIONAL OUTDOOR CENTRE
Plas Menai fully supports the government guidelines on the current Covid-19 situation. Following Government advice, we have everything in place to operate safely and follow these guidelines.
- Pre book your adventure online. Booking in advance is essential. We cannot accommodate walk in bookings.
- A booking confirmation will be sent out to your email address including all information you will need before arriving at the centre.
- Waivers are online only; a link will be included in your email confirmation for you to complete on your own computer or phone. If we do not receive a completed waiver from you and additional participants, we cannot take you on your activity.
- Arrive 10 mins before your adventure start time and wait in your vehicle where your instructor will meet you.
- If you have your own wetsuits it is preferable to bring them, if not, our instructors will allocate your wetsuit, buoyancy aid and helmet that will have all been cleaned within manufacturer guidelines.
During this time, we have had to adapt areas of our service to ensure staff and customers are kept safe. Find out how we are reopening safely here.
The Next Steps: To progress your Windsurfing then why not join us on a Windsurf Development Day if you're looking to advance your knowledge, experience and skills. Or maybe you are ready for our RYA Advanced Windsurfing 2 day course, bringing together all of the elements of advanced windsurfing, including the windsurf foiling.
To find out where your nearest sailing club is please visit the RYA.
RYA National Windsurfing Scheme Syllabus & Logbook (G47)
Duration: 2 Days
Certificate: RYA Intermediate Windsurfing
Minimum Standard: Skills and knowledge up to Start Windsurfing standard
Minimum Age: 16 yrs.Check Dates, Prices & Book